SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ninebot Turning on Ninebot ES2 headlight applies brakes! (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35775)

FreudianSlip 07-04-2018 05:03 AM

Turning on Ninebot ES2 headlight applies brakes!

Just noticed a weird issue with my new Ninebot ES2 electric scooter: turning on the headlight applies the regen brake!

Which effectively means I’m unable to ride with the light on. Turning the headlight back off again resumes normal operation. I’m not sure if this is electrical or a software issue that might get fixed in a future firmware.

Anyone here with that has managed to fix the issue?

bark100 07-10-2018 05:45 PM

I've suffered from the exact same issue with my ES2 + extra battery.
I had to return and get new unit 3 times (!) from my local retailer until I asked for a full refund.

I'm pretty sure it's a shitty firmware issue, because it happened on 3 different brand new units.

I've used latest firmware V1.2.0.

Would be nice to hear from someone if a version upgrade solves this.

Philip 07-21-2018 07:37 PM

Hello FreudianSlip - in my experience this is likely to be a hardware issue, requiring a certain component to be replaced to resolve. I suggest getting in touch with the retailer you purchased your KickScooter ES2 from so they can repair/replace under warranty (if still covered), or as after-sales service.

Regards
Philip

cbSpain 11-23-2018 06:50 AM

I have had exactly the same issue both on my original ES2 (+ battery) as well as with a brand new replacement ES2 (+ battery).

This seems to be more widespread. @Philip: What would be the part that you believe has to be replaced?

Tidd 01-15-2019 07:39 PM

Headlamp breaking issue

I’m having the same problem.

Now my scooter will only operate with the headlamp off. Turning the light on immediately applied the brakes.

And, this is supposed to be the newest version of the ES4....

Guess I will be returning to Segway.

iMak 01-21-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidd (Post 244241)
I’m having the same problem.

Now my scooter will only operate with the headlamp off. Turning the light on immediately applied the brakes.

And, this is supposed to be the newest version of the ES4....

Guess I will be returning to Segway.

Any updates with your issue?

I have just installed the extra battery on my ES2 and I am a bit worried.

SaroC 02-13-2019 09:08 AM

Same issue here after 650 km; now I use it with the back light always on and an additional Soonfire FD38S front light.

iMak 02-16-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaroC (Post 244366)
Same issue here after 650 km; now I use it with the back light always on and an additional Soonfire FD38S front light.

Where did you purchase yours?

Sniep 04-01-2019 10:58 PM

This just started happening to mine too. 79.2 miles in, and the headlight dims the display and reduces max speed to ~10mph.

It also seems that the overall power of the scooter is lower, it just doesn't have the same acceleration - anyone else feel it gets a little lower powered?

I ordered it from Amazon on Nov 30, so 5 months ago... Screwed unless I get a new control board? What about the "fuse soldering hack"?

iMak 04-02-2019 05:48 AM

The question is why this is happening in the first place? Isn't this extra battery sold by segway?