SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Whoopee! After more than 6 years.... (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33961)

Lily Kerns 08-31-2015 04:38 PM

Whoopee! After more than 6 years....

I was just notified that the Missouri Department of Conservation has --finally-- adopted an ADA 2010 compliant Segway policy. It can be used By the disabled anywhere a pedestrian is allowed... As long as you follow safety rules. These are general and reasonable (no set speed limit) so no problem there.

Of course they still are not compliant with state EPAMD law allowing anyone to use them where pedestrians are allowed, but this is a huge step from their first policy " no segways on any MDC property". Period.

One small regret.. I don't think I ought to apply for my allowed 10 minutes presentation time at their next board meeting. I was kinda looking forward to just riding around the room and wasting 6.5 minutes of their time in return for 6.5 years of hassle.... Nothing nasty about me!

airdale 08-31-2015 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily Kerns (Post 238120)
I was just notified that the Missouri Department of Conservation has --finally-- adopted an ADA 2010 compliant Segway policy. It can be used By the disabled anywhere a pedestrian is allowed... As long as you follow safety rules. These are general and reasonable (no set speed limit) so no problem there.

Of course they still are not compliant with state EPAMD law allowing anyone to use them where pedestrians are allowed, but this is a huge step from their first policy " no segways on any MDC property". Period.

One small regret.. I don't think I ought to apply for my allowed 10 minutes presentation time at their next board meeting. I was kinda looking forward to just riding around the room and wasting 6.5 minutes of their time in return for 6.5 years of hassle.... Nothing nasty about me!

Congrats Lily,...Hope you really can enjoy the rest of summer and ride through there in fall.....enjoy all your hard work!

Lily Kerns 08-31-2015 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 238124)
Congrats Lily,...Hope you really can enjoy the rest of summer and ride through there in fall.....enjoy all your hard work!

LOL. I've been ignoring their rules and riding where I please! Actually I've had several people who had promised to bail me out if I got arrested...

bud01234 08-31-2015 08:33 PM

atta gal Lily-

You're our shining beacon.

:)
bud

rickb 08-31-2015 09:51 PM

Lily, I like your style!

dudeman1961 09-03-2015 11:10 AM

Super news!

Congratulations on winning the battle. Enjoy yourself, as others do, in the great outdoors.

(Yes, you SHOULD just do circles for 6.5 minutes.)