SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Back in the game (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35355)

russ498 11-14-2017 03:36 PM

Back in the game

I had an X2 about 10 years ago. It was primarily a toy that I didn't use very often. The years have not been kind and I have extreme difficulty walking due to back issues and the need of a new knee.

I just ordered a brand-new I2se from Rick at Segway of Corvallis. I also ordered a lean seat. I found a used Seg hauler on eBay. I most likely will spring for a Segvator down the road. I had one before and loved it. I just didn't want to spend that kind of money now. I intend to haul it with me pretty much constantly for ground transportation. I just couldn't see myself on a rascal scooter. I'm way too cool for that.:D

So once again, how will be gliding in Maryland and DC. Super excited this time.:thumbsup:

Pescador12 11-14-2017 09:06 PM

Congrats. Enjoy the toy.

rwoynaro 11-15-2017 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russ498 (Post 242176)
I had an X2 about 10 years ago. It was primarily a toy that I didn't use very often. The years have not been kind and I have extreme difficulty walking due to back issues and the need of a new knee.

I just ordered a brand-new I2se from Rick at Segway of Corvallis. I also ordered a lean seat. I found a used Seg hauler on eBay. I most likely will spring for a Segvator down the road. I had one before and loved it. I just didn't want to spend that kind of money now. I intend to haul it with me pretty much constantly for ground transportation. I just couldn't see myself on a rascal scooter. I'm way too cool for that.:D

So once again, how will be gliding in Maryland and DC. Super excited this time.:thumbsup:

Another option to haul it is to use a lift made for handicap scooters, like the Rascal or HoverRound. I used to use a SegVator, worked great. But the Seg rides on the outside. I have an hr commute daily and I liked hauling the seg inside where its warm and dry. Its better in the winter, that way I dont have to haul it in single degree temps for an hr. This is the one I use, its a "Bruno Handicap Lift"

russ498 11-16-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwoynaro (Post 242180)
Another option to haul it is to use a lift made for handicap scooters, like the Rascal or HoverRound. I used to use a SegVator, worked great. But the Seg rides on the outside. I have an hr commute daily and I liked hauling the seg inside where its warm and dry. Its better in the winter, that way I dont have to haul it in single degree temps for an hr. This is the one I use, its a "Bruno Handicap Lift"

Sounds good, but I have a Honda Accord Hybrid and it won't fit. My next car will be an SUV just for that reason.

OPMD 11-17-2017 01:03 PM

I used a Seg Hauler on the back of my wife's 99 Camry. It was too much weight hanging off the back.

I ended up getting a used Bruno Chariot. I added a home made wooden platform angled to match the batteries under the Segway and some ratchet straps. It works very well. Only puts about 20 lbs of weight on the hitch.

For what it's worth, I had a Segvator on the back of my Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. I think the ride was too rough and I ended up dropping the Segway on the road a few times. Usually it was pulling out of a parking lot and dropping a rear wheel off the curb. I reinforced the top retaining bars but it still happened.
The first time I tried using it on the back of my wife's Camry it dragged on the pavement hard enough to jam the lifting screw inside. Trying to free up the screw stripped something inside.

That's when I tried the SegHauler and we are back to the beginning of the story...

slowstark 01-28-2018 06:47 PM

Awesome, I'm so excited to get into it