SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ninebot Ninebot ES2/ES4 Excessive Brake Power (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=36405)

lambda09a 01-23-2019 04:26 AM

Ninebot ES2/ES4 Excessive Brake Power

Hi. I've been using a Ninebot ES2 with the additional battery pack for around a month now and it's going great. If I'm on a flat and smooth open area I usually open it up to it's top speed which is around 32-33 kph.

The problem I've been experiencing is that when the unit gets into the higher speeds, the electronic brake seems to be over powered. Only lightly pressing on the e-brake causes it to brake with considerable force. When I'm not expecting it, it is quite unnerving. I'm concerned that if the road surface is wet or slippery that it would cause the front wheel to lock up. This is especially bad because the brake has a slight delayed response so when I release it, it doesn't disengage straight away. Around 25kph it seems to operate normally.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

iMak 01-24-2019 10:33 AM

I have installed the extra battery very recently, but have not done any rides and waiting for the rain to stop to give it a long ride.

SaroC 01-25-2019 07:18 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue, so I have to be very carefull breaking at max speed. It happens only the first time I break after being for a while at max speed, then it breaks normally.

iMak 01-26-2019 06:21 AM

Today is sunny and I will go for a long ride hopefully. I will share with you my experience of the new extended battery performance.

iMak 01-26-2019 05:44 PM

OK, I rode the ES2 with the extra battery for about 25km on different roads, straight, uphills and downhills, the max speed was 31kmh, cruise control was functioning normally on various speeds, braking was normal. However, when the battery charge reached below 50% the speed was not stable and it was hesitating, like it was trying to apply short brakes or reduce the speed occasionally, was sort of annoying.

I will recharge the batteries to full again and try one more time to see if the issue is still there.

lambda09a 02-02-2019 02:24 AM

Thanks for the responses. I've become quite hesitant to use the brake if I'm going around 30kph. I have the regen set to medium which I use to slow me down initially then I use the brake once it drops to < 28kph. I would love if someone finds a way to easily put a disc brake on the back of these too ;)

yrn 02-25-2019 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMak (Post 244304)
OK, I rode the ES2 with the extra battery for about 25km on different roads, straight, uphills and downhills, the max speed was 31kmh, cruise control was functioning normally on various speeds, braking was normal. However, when the battery charge reached below 50% the speed was not stable and it was hesitating, like it was trying to apply short brakes or reduce the speed occasionally, was sort of annoying.

I will recharge the batteries to full again and try one more time to see if the issue is still there.

Did you resolve the issue of the brakes while battery is less the. 50%?, I'm facing the same issue while battery is less than 70%

iMak 02-26-2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yrn (Post 244426)
Did you resolve the issue of the brakes while battery is less the. 50%?, I'm facing the same issue while battery is less than 70%

Not really, since then I didn't ride the scooter, but in the coming days I will test it again.