SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Reference Information & How-To's (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Guide to reviving the Segway Gen 1 and Gen 2 battery (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=36096)

rene_canlas 10-21-2018 11:30 AM

Guide to reviving the Segway Gen 1 and Gen 2 battery

1 Attachment(s)
I wrote this guide primarily for myself because I've had this happen to me (Segway accidentally left unplugged) 4 times now, the last one just yesterday, and it has continued to save my batteries.

I am posting this here in case It helps anyone else. This is for the original Gen 1 and Gen 2 Segway units. I do not own a Ninebot.

comparableness 12-23-2018 01:23 AM

Thank you, Rene. Very nice writeup. I'm heartened to see that you trickle charge your battery on a fireproof tile floor.

dkmacdubh 01-25-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rene_canlas (Post 243678)
I wrote this guide primarily for myself because I've had this happen to me (Segway accidentally left unplugged) 4 times now, the last one just yesterday, and it has continued to save my batteries.

I am posting this here in case It helps anyone else. This is for the original Gen 1 and Gen 2 Segway units. I do not own a Ninebot.

Rene,
Thank you so much for the thorough and concise instructions.
I am going to give it a try will let y'all know how it goes.

dkmacdubh 01-30-2019 06:58 PM

Guide to rejuvinating segway batteries

I did indeed give this method a try and it worked beautifully --- I am back in business with two fully charged batteries.
Thank you again Rene for a thorough and concise guide
I would heartily recommend this method before shelling out a lot of money for either a reconditioned or a new battery. Admittedly not ever battery will respond but for those that have simply been depleted to the point they will not be recognized by the on board charger this worked perfectly.

rene_canlas 03-11-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmacdubh (Post 244323)
I did indeed give this method a try and it worked beautifully --- I am back in business with two fully charged batteries.
Thank you again Rene for a thorough and concise guide
I would heartily recommend this method before shelling out a lot of money for either a reconditioned or a new battery. Admittedly not ever battery will respond but for those that have simply been depleted to the point they will not be recognized by the on board charger this worked perfectly.

Glad to see it worked for you! Let me know if you have any recommendations for improving the guide.

Cheers!

rene_canlas 03-11-2019 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comparableness (Post 244077)
Thank you, Rene. Very nice writeup. I'm heartened to see that you trickle charge your battery on a fireproof tile floor.

Li-Ion batteries deserve a lot of respect for the stored energy they contain.
Also I love my home :)

dmurphy 03-12-2019 12:22 AM

Rene - this guide worked perfectly. I don’t know if you saw my thread but after a power outage, the charger in my Segway appeared to lock up, and I lost enough voltage that one battery dipped down to 40v or so. A quick float charge and it’s good as new.

Thanks for writing this up so clearly! Saved the battery. :-)

TahoeJoe 10-03-2019 01:46 PM

awesome!

( Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.)

NYC Newbie 10-04-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rene_canlas (Post 243678)

I am very grateful to have found the instructions on revival method. I have 4 batteries that I am going to try this on later today. im keeping my fingers crossed that it will work! thank you.:thumbsup:

jbuenavides 10-17-2019 03:32 AM

Thank you for sharing it with us, this is really helpful in figuring out how to make it durable enough in the long run.