SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hello from Floridia (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35446)

Whalerjohn 12-27-2017 07:26 PM

Hello from Floridia

Hi everyone. I have rode a regular Segway about 4 times and like it. I see minipro as something that I might like. So thought I would ask a few questions before I purchase
Being 65 I do not think that should be a problem. Thinking of the minipro with the larger battery.
Segway web site takes you to amazon to place a order. Any issues with this. And last going to install the handle.
Thanks
For you input.
Whalerjohn

airdale 12-28-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalerjohn (Post 242392)
Hi everyone. I have rode a regular Segway about 4 times and like it. I see minipro as something that I might like. So thought I would ask a few questions before I purchase
Being 65 I do not think that should be a problem. Thinking of the minipro with the larger battery.
Segway web site takes you to amazon to place a order. Any issues with this. And last going to install the handle.
Thanks
For you input.
Whalerjohn

It is nearly impossible to compare the ninebots to the original Segway in my opinion......

Pescador12 12-29-2017 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalerjohn (Post 242392)
Thanks
For you input.
Whalerjohn

Being 65 shouldn't be an issue. Always step off to the rear to dismount. Stepping forward tends to try to drive the unit back under your stepping foot causing you to go down like Mike Tyson did on his hoverboard. And, never turn while backing up as the steering only directs the nose direction, not the tail.

Hold onto a counter top or wall when you first try mounting and dismounting the minipro. It is kinda like skates at first. It takes a few minutes to get your feet's micro balance efforts in sync with the MiniPro's micro balance efforts.

Be warned that some of the units in stores like Amazon, have been on the shelves so long that the battery lost all voltage and now won't take a charge. Segway support is sending replacement units to new owners who discovered theirs is dead. Annoying but they are making it right.

truck 12-29-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pescador12 (Post 242398)
Being 65 shouldn't be an issue. Always step off to the rear to dismount. Stepping forward tends to try to drive the unit back under your stepping foot causing you to go down like Mike Tyson did on his hoverboard. And, never turn while backing up as the steering only directs the nose direction, not the tail.

Hold onto a counter top or wall when you first try mounting and dismounting the minipro. It is kinda like skates at first. It takes a few minutes to get your feet's micro balance efforts in sync with the MiniPro's micro balance efforts.

Be warned that some of the units in stores like Amazon, have been on the shelves so long that the battery lost all voltage and now won't take a charge. Segway support is sending replacement units to new owners who discovered theirs is dead. Annoying but they are making it right.

Tires will be in need of air too, lots of air.

Whalerjohn 12-29-2017 05:53 PM

Thanks for your input.

I will get the handle for it , did not like the feel of it without handlebar

MuttonChops 01-02-2018 07:29 PM

What Will be Your Usage

Welcome to the World of Gliding.

While the mini's are receiving a lot of interest due to their pricing, they are not as fully functional for lack of a better word as a true Segway i2 or SE model.

If your purchase is a toy or for occasional usage like those twice a year long bicycle rides we all take instead of regular exercise biking :rolleyes: Then a mini could be fun.

However, if you are planning for regular usage; gliding to the corner store, doing light shopping at the shops 3-miles away, hauling the machine on your road trips for increased local exploring. Then I would encourage you to really look at a true Segway, new or used.

You can not beat the operating range, quality, design, or reliability of an i2 / SE model.

11,000+ i2 Gliding Miles over 7+ years :)