SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Newnan, GA USA here... Kickscooter after natural disaster (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=38961)

CZroe 05-17-2021 05:42 PM

Newnan, GA USA here... Kickscooter after natural disaster

At the end of March my brother and I took a direct hit from the strongest part of an EF-4 tornado. The house and my car were ruined. Also I was injured when I fell through the ceiling while trying to put up a tarp where the roof had been.

My medical bills swallowed the insurance check for my car and my brother had to pick up the slack with his. The Segway Ninebot ES3 Plus can help us through this in a few ways. It is particularly useful for getting my brother’s car to/from public chargers since we can’t charge at our temporary accommodations. In a pinch we can even use it to go our separate ways. It also buys me time for getting a motorcycle assembled and registered after I abandoned it at our mother’s place 8+ years ago.

My brother was not very enthusiastic about spending the money on our Segway Ninebot ES3 Plus ($579 at Costco... $602 after tax) but he uses it multiple times per day and doesn’t need to spend nearly as much time shuttling me around. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out today since he didn’t leave me the scooter or the car after taking me to physical therapy and then work, and he will be at work across town when I get off. Excuse to buy a second one when I can afford it? ;)

CZroe 06-04-2021 03:16 PM

Well, unfortunately it broke down after 150 miles and I still can’t get a car. It was less than a month old so back to Costco it goes... and I can’t exchange it since they don’t seem to have it anymore.

airdale 06-05-2021 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CZroe (Post 248135)
Well, unfortunately it broke down after 150 miles and I still can’t get a car. It was less than a month old so back to Costco it goes... and I can’t exchange it since they don’t seem to have it anymore.

I am so sorry to hear that....I am no fan of those Ninebot/Segways your post just reinforces my bias....

Hope you are hanging in there, cant be easy!

CZroe 11-02-2021 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 248139)
I am so sorry to hear that....I am no fan of those Ninebot/Segways your post just reinforces my bias....

Hope you are hanging in there, cant be easy!

Thanks.

Well, Segway did finally answer support calls and walked me through my battery issue so I kept it after all. Months later I saw them at Costco again too though they were only there a few days.

That said, the scooter failed at 600-something miles with a near-sideways front wheel. It just went totally out of alignment while riding on an uneven sidewalk. I suspect the screws that I can’t tighten because they are under a warranty seal. I think I’m going to claim warranty and see what they say.