SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Community Feedback and Support (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Admin please address. (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34596)

airdale 07-22-2016 01:28 PM

Admin please address.

Hey, can we get a new column or section for all the new Segways that are hitting the market?

All we will get is a lot of confusion if we don't....

Gihgehls 07-22-2016 08:40 PM

I'd disagree. This site doesn't see enough traffic to warrant even finer granularity of topic categories.

GlideGuy 07-23-2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gihgehls (Post 239734)
I'd disagree. This site doesn't see enough traffic to warrant even finer granularity of topic categories.

+1

There is a "Community Feedback and Support" section for site related suggestions...

SegNerd 07-27-2016 12:05 PM

What do you mean by "all the new Segways"? I only know of one new model, unless you are counting existing Ninebot products.

airdale 07-27-2016 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegNerd (Post 239784)
What do you mean by "all the new Segways"? I only know of one new model, unless you are counting existing Ninebot products.

Well....I guess you guys love splitting hairs here.....

Screw it.....let people ask questions and if they dont provide what modle they have hek with it....

Ive never seen a forum that dose not have sections for each product line?

So I guess that 9bot will never make another Segway also.....You due know they had a few different ones before they were Segway right?

SegNerd 07-27-2016 12:11 PM

How is that splitting hairs? You referenced "all the new Segways," and all I did was ask what you meant by that.

I guess now you are asking for subforums for unannounced future products?

airdale 07-27-2016 02:35 PM

Well we have now Segway Inc. and there lines of products since day one...

Now with new ownership, Ninebot has brought 4 more products, to THIS web site.....and what ever is in the future?

If you think the only device Ninebot has is the Mini Pro, your mistaken.

It has never made sense to me why in the world we would group single wheels i2's, x2's, or E+'s into one continues grouping....

You have already seen other come here, and tell members to go to a better represented forum for answers! crazy thinking hea?

Gihgehls 07-27-2016 07:46 PM

We don't currently have categories for all the old segways, why would we want more categories for the new ones? Do you think the site suffers by not having separate sections for P133, i167, e167, i170, i180, XT, i2, x2, i2SE, x2SE? There are already LOTS of different segways and if we split them by model there wouldn't be much in any one category. Like I said before, this forum doesn't get enough traffic/content/volume to warrant a very fine grained category schema.

GlideGuy 07-28-2016 09:17 AM

I am an Admin on another (much larger/post volume) vBulletin forum. Typically, I add new forums/sub-forums based on decluttering existing forums where a dedicated forum/sub-forum justifies itself based on existing threads. It is simply housekeeping.

In some instances, I do indeed add dedicated forums/sub-forums based on anticipated traffic/posts. However, the traffic/posts here are a small fraction of the posts on the forum I administer.

Adding too many categories /forums/sub-forums makes it confusing (busy looking) to the new member and discourages posting ("I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this...mods, please feel free to move"). It makes more work for the mods to constantly move posts/threads to their "appropriate" place. As I pointed-out previously, this very thread was posted in the incorrect forum!

SegNerd 07-28-2016 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 239787)
If you think the only device Ninebot has is the Mini Pro, your mistaken.

I'm sorry but did you even read my post?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegNerd
I only know of one new model, unless you are counting existing Ninebot products.