SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Reference Information & How-To's (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How it's made... the I2 (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=25608)

vip1980 02-03-2011 09:53 AM

How it's made... the I2

I have stripped my I2 to discover what's in it.....and i have make some pictures how it's looking now,sow that ik can look back if something burn/broken on the boards, an replace it.

What i found for information on inside is this :

1 On the top of the intern charger, is the circuit-board who communicate with the key.
2 under that is the intern charger, who lies in one line with the lean-steering sensors
3 Inside the Pan whe have the 2 control boards and the gyroscoop and off course the motor's
4 Underside of the segway there are the batteries.

What i am trying to discover is, what component's area on the Circuit-boards is doing..

Sow some errrors maybe whe can repair.

1: On every corner we have 6 transistors these are ''the drives'' for the motors ( even for the regenitive )
2:There is one Big transistor more on the board,i think it has something to do with the incoming power from the batteries....

so far it is what i have discover

florin 02-08-2011 01:18 AM

Sounds interesting, what are your plans? I mean for what purpose are you doing all this stuff?

vip1980 02-08-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by florin (Post 212777)
Sounds interesting, what are your plans? I mean for what purpose are you doing all this stuff?

I have looked/searched in a lot of segway forums, and a lot forums don't have the specific data, with what components the I2 are made. I am trying to discover wich components there are In the I2 and what they do.Mine I2 is from the states and if i go to my local dealer in Holland they wil first charge 375 euro ( that's about 500 dollar) to become a member of the dutch segway.

Sow before my I2 wil give some errrors i want to discover what i can do by myself.

i work a lot with electronics sow that isn't a problem.i am not trying rebuild something else :rolleyes:

DarthSegVator 02-08-2011 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the exploded view of the i2:

Attachment 1672

Gihgehls 02-08-2011 05:49 PM

That diagram details basically nothing on the boards, which is what the OP is interested in.

Civicsman 02-09-2011 09:38 PM

Some things are generally known, but the details are known by very, very few people. Dealers will not know the type of information that you are seeking. As far as I know, all of the people who DO know such things either work at Segway now, or did work at Segway, and these people can not provide information because they are bound by confidentiality agreements. I have been on this forum since 2006, and to date, even a complete list of standard error codes has not been identified.

Can a Segway be reverse engineered? Absolutely yes, but the question is how much time, money, and expertise do you have available to do this?

Sorry, vip1980, but Segway simply does not want you to do what you are trying to do.

vip1980 02-11-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Civicsman (Post 212825)
Sorry, vip1980, but Segway simply does not want you to do what you are trying to do.

That's why i am trying to do it on the forum, if segway don't want it to do :D

Segway in the netherlands never said to me when i bought it:'' if something broken, or there wil be some errors ''. you have to repair it on or place, and the first cost is about 500 dollar (375 euro) and that's only when i drive the seg in without doing nothing.

Sow why not discover it by myself :D

KC4SSD 12-10-2011 10:49 AM

software

I am also trying to learn how to communicate with the cont diagnostics. Not too many products that have full rights to their ability to fix and service. The end user should have some rights with this.

It erks me to have an intermittent wrench and corporate tell me it could be a control board or a drive motor on my xt. I have since purchased another xt in the mean time. There must be a way to pull and reset these machines info with software or a simple interface.

I intend to work on this and accept full responsibility and test myself. If anyone has more info and wants to stay out of the spotlight a email directly is welcome.

Tim
Naples Fl
Kc4ssd at gmail dot com

MrVette 11-20-2012 11:42 PM

Even if we never knew how the board work or what's on them it would be very nice if we could buy the board and replace it ourselves. As it is we have to send the machine into the factory.

rotorblades 12-17-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthSegVator (Post 212781)
Here is the exploded view of the i2:

Attachment 1672

]]thanks much. nice find. im interested in the pivot base assembly.and whats in it. om sure llc-inc has it to where consumers cant access these. but i am still curious. springs or a hard rubber block?