SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Stuff to Buy and Sell (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Revive your dead batteries for $25! (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34782)

ions82 11-14-2016 03:19 PM

Revive your dead batteries for $25!

Does anyone out there have a battery (or two) that might need to experience a good ol' fashioned revival? I've had good luck in reviving a few batteries for my machines. It's not a terribly complicated process. However, it might be a little more than some folks are willing to tackle on their own. In an effort to help recover some of my recent Segway-related expenses, I figured I'd offer up my services and help others to bring their batteries back to life.

Now, it should be noted that not all dead (ie. "red light") batteries can be revived. It's hit or miss. Some are just too far gone. I've had a few batteries which were showing red lights, and I was able to get them back to a chargeable state. So, they showed green lights and went through the charging process. However, THEY WERE STILL BAD. Of the batteries that displayed this behavior, they would go through the solid green light "fast charge" and then switch to the slow green blink. They never switched to the fast blink. So, that seems to be an indication of battery problems. When I tested these batteries, the machine would power up just fine and roll around very slowly. However, as soon as I attempted to get up to speed, they would throw an error code.

Anyway, if you have a battery or two that you think can be revived, I'd be glad to help. If the batteries are giving off a strong/strange chemical smell, they are probably beyond the point of no return. I recently worked on two sets of 2008 batteries. All four had red lights. One pair came back to life and is good for 20 miles. The other was stinky and wasn't able to be saved. The only way to know if they can be saved is to try it. I can run your batteries through the process for $25 each. If they aren't able to be saved, you wouldn't need to pay anything. The only thing you'd be out is the shipping cost.

I am absolutely smitten with my Segways, and my hope is that I can help others keep theirs going as long as possible. There are LOTS of machines out there with dead batteries, and it's a shame that they continue to sit there. Let me know if you think I can help you out!

CROSSBOLT 08-28-2017 10:21 AM

Already learned something! Thanks!

Karl

liquidmoney 09-08-2017 10:26 PM

battery

how do you revive the batteries? do you know where to buy the least expensive OEM batteries?

dkmacdubh 01-25-2019 10:31 AM

Would love to learn how to revive segway batteries. Any assistance or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance--- love this forum

dkmacdubh 01-27-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkmacdubh (Post 244292)
Would love to learn how to revive segway batteries. Any assistance or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance--- love this forum

There is a guide posted by rene_canlas on a different thread which is excellent
titled "Guide to reviving segway battery"
I'm planning to give it a try when I get all the gear together. It would appear you do need a little bit of familiarity with electronics and gadgetry but I believe if you are careful it can be accomplished safely. (I'm not an engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express) jk--- actually my undergrad degree was indeed in Engineering but that may give me just enough knowledge to make me dangerous -- I plan to be extra careful for that very reason.

Ramsey252 02-23-2019 05:39 PM

I would love to buy a reviver off you as Im in the UK. Would you be willing to sell a device please?

phonetena 03-19-2019 05:50 PM

Reviver

What Reviver are you using? Thanks!

enviroglide 03-24-2019 12:25 AM

I’m interested in sending you about 30 batteries to revive, please contact me directly with address so I can estimate if shipping is worth it. What system do you use for this ?

Is it this? This is what I own and none of these lot are any good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DGB-Li-Ion-...0-e63d86257232

Aceman7373 05-11-2019 06:03 AM

Segway i170

I need to buy lithium ion batteries. My uncled passed away and left me a Segway
. In a good shape but just had it upgraded and I need to find a pair of lithium ion batteries used. I want to get working for my dad and we don’t have $1000.00. Need to find some that are less expensive.