SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Hi All (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35536)

eucarmy 02-23-2018 08:01 PM

Hi All

Hey there I just inherited an i2 with bad batteries and am looking for direction on getting it up and running. I already have two Segway MiniPros and 5 electric unicycles. :) I am hoping to bring this monster back to life without spending a fortune! I look forward to interacting with the group!

dmurphy 02-24-2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eucarmy (Post 242698)
Hey there I just inherited an i2 with bad batteries and am looking for direction on getting it up and running. I already have two Segway MiniPros and 5 electric unicycles. :) I am hoping to bring this monster back to life without spending a fortune! I look forward to interacting with the group!

Welcome! I also recently picked up an i2 SE after my son got a MiniLite for Christmas... I couldn't let him have all the fun!

You'll get it up and going in short order. I saw your other thread and hope the original owner finds the Infokey for you quickly. That'll be the biggest challenge - otherwise replacing a lost Infokey will require a call to Segway headquarters to verify ownership. As long as the original owner can vouch for it, you'll be fine.

As for the battery issues - I mentioned in the other thread to reach out to MTO Battery here; he can give you better advice. We also have a member, Don M, who's selling a set of batteries for $500 that would fit your machine perfectly. I had thought about picking them up as a spare set but right now mine are just fine - if/when I have a problem, I'll deal with it then....

Have you ridden a Segway (not the mini pro) before? They're a blast - a bit different than a mini pro or unicycle; certainly get a lot more stares from people out and about. You'll get tired of being called Paul Blart too, but that comes with the territory. :-)

Good luck and you'll have it up and going in no time - can't wait to see some photos of it, sounds like a fantastic unit you just inherited!

eucarmy 02-24-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmurphy (Post 242707)
Welcome! I also recently picked up an i2 SE after my son got a MiniLite for Christmas... I couldn't let him have all the fun!

You'll get it up and going in short order. I saw your other thread and hope the original owner finds the Infokey for you quickly. That'll be the biggest challenge - otherwise replacing a lost Infokey will require a call to Segway headquarters to verify ownership. As long as the original owner can vouch for it, you'll be fine.

As for the battery issues - I mentioned in the other thread to reach out to MTO Battery here; he can give you better advice. We also have a member, Don M, who's selling a set of batteries for $500 that would fit your machine perfectly. I had thought about picking them up as a spare set but right now mine are just fine - if/when I have a problem, I'll deal with it then....

Have you ridden a Segway (not the mini pro) before? They're a blast - a bit different than a mini pro or unicycle; certainly get a lot more stares from people out and about. You'll get tired of being called Paul Blart too, but that comes with the territory. :-)

Good luck and you'll have it up and going in no time - can't wait to see some photos of it, sounds like a fantastic unit you just inherited!

Hey thanks! I am thinking grabbing Don's batteries is the most sensible way to get it going for now. For what it costs to buy a new rebuilt set I could buy another EUC! (I have 5 right now) :D

No I never have ridden a full size Segway.