SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Alternatives to capitalism... (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33939)

airdale 08-22-2015 12:37 PM

Alternatives to capitalism...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben fairn (Post 238049)
It's also likely Segway will start being made in China, hopefully that brings down the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Just like everything else...It will be built in China and the price will stay the same.....Just a handfull of people will reap the proffits....It pure Capitolism

KSagal 08-23-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 238052)
Just like everything else...It will be built in China and the price will stay the same.....Just a handfull of people will reap the proffits....It pure Capitolism

I am afraid I do not agree with your explanation of capitalism. The potential reduced cost of building a segway, if labor costs, and up front research costs do not need to be figured in, may result in a reduced price, or it may not, as you predicted.

But if there is profit taking and price inflation (overly large margins between sale price and the manufacturing costs that they should be derived from) it would not be because of capitalism, but a simple result of a nitch market without enough competition, or without enough capitalism.

The way it really works is over time. If costs to produce are down, and sale price remains high, if there is a demand, then others will produce within that margin, and force the market to improve. The end result in a capitalist system will always result in more machine for the money.

What you spoke of is something else...

airdale 08-24-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 238055)
I am afraid I do not agree with your explanation of capitalism. The potential reduced cost of building a segway, if labor costs, and up front research costs do not need to be figured in, may result in a reduced price, or it may not, as you predicted.

But if there is profit taking and price inflation (overly large margins between sale price and the manufacturing costs that they should be derived from) it would not be because of capitalism, but a simple result of a nitch market without enough competition, or without enough capitalism.

The way it really works is over time. If costs to produce are down, and sale price remains high, if there is a demand, then others will produce within that margin, and force the market to improve. The end result in a capitalist system will always result in more machine for the money.

What you spoke of is something else...

Well....I think it can be sumed up in one word and there are hundreds more....

A great examle is "APPLE"....made by slave labor and reap huge proffits...

Gihgehls 08-24-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

This might work if the Segway was actually in demand. It isn't.

dale@thecoys.net 08-24-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

....It pure Capitolism

What's your alternative?

airdale 08-25-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net (Post 238059)
What's your alternative?

At this point in my life Im ready for anything...

Having to move because my bus route gets eliminated to "save money"

Sure am happy they saved money, because this guy being disabled and on a fixed income must be rolling in the doe!

In the last 40 years things have changed so very drasticly...Dont be old, sick, diabled or a young child trying to get some education....Let the war machine run everything, screw the rest....

Kinda sick of multi-billion dollar companys paying little or no tax, and making nothing here....

So yea!.....Im ready to try something new, to help future generations!

JohnM 08-25-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 238062)
At this point in my life Im ready for anything...

Having to move because my bus route gets eliminated to "save money"

Sure am happy they saved money, because this guy being disabled and on a fixed income must be rolling in the doe!

In the last 40 years things have changed so very drasticly...Dont be old, sick, diabled or a young child trying to get some education....Let the war machine run everything, screw the rest....

Kinda sick of multi-billion dollar companys paying little or no tax, and making nothing here....

So yea!.....Im ready to try something new, to help future generations!

Feel the Bern?

airdale 08-25-2015 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 238063)
Feel the Bern?

Nope....just sick of carrying all the water, then they ask for blood....

Blow it up because its broke....Never will happen to many with there eyes stuck to the boob tube, being told what to due and think....

dale@thecoys.net 08-25-2015 08:39 PM

OK, I appreciate that you are annoyed about a lot of things.

Quote:

....It pure Capitolism

But I asked "What's your alternative?" and all you answered was
Quote:

Im ready to try something new, to help future generations!
So, what alternative to capitalism do you propose?

airdale 08-25-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net (Post 238065)
OK, I appreciate that you are annoyed about a lot of things.

But I asked "What's your alternative?" and all you answered was

So, what alternative to capitalism do you propose?

Like I f'en know?

Like Capitolism is working for 90% of America these last 30 or 40 year?

Ok prince charming you got any ideas?... Love when people who so called have all the answeres give BS questions!!

I remember a day when made in America ment something...Do you?
It ment it was the best you could buy and quality....Now?
Bunch of cheap asses who are more happy saving a dollar or 10....and no jobs other than a poor sales person...

I gave Apple as a perfict example...Ideas made here exported to slave labor so they make a killing on there product....

I pay $50 dollars for jeans made in USA....I can pay about 30 or 40 made in China or some other 3rd world country....

I try, dont drive Japan made cars...never will...I remember Pearl Harbor....

Soon the world will be all giddy about buying a car from Al-Qaeda... there cheap and great quality.....

So Segway will go like every other company that only cares about proffits.....
Simple **** really....