SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Technically not a new owner. (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35925)

defenbaugh 08-20-2018 07:47 PM

Technically not a new owner.

I have two i167s which need batteries. I haven’t ridden since 2015. I just ordered a new i2 SE. My health has failed and I’m looking forward to being able to walk with my wife and having the liberty it will afford me. The 2 i167s I used to travel to and from work. I’m looking forward to riding again.

MuttonChops 08-24-2018 01:28 PM

Welcome Back

Quote:

Originally Posted by defenbaugh (Post 243423)
I have two i167s which need batteries. I haven’t ridden since 2015. I just ordered a new i2 SE.

Will be fun to hear how you like the i2 SE model :thumbsup:. I've been using an i2 for 6-7 years now . . . even did 18 months of work commuting with it before a job location change was out-of-range.

====
11,400+ Miles :)

defenbaugh 08-29-2018 11:12 AM

No Batteries

My Segway i2 SE just arrived. There were no batteries in the large box. In a call to the company I was informed the batteries would arrive separately “soon.” The response was very vague like no carrier info or tracking information. Nothing was mentioned upon purchase about the batteries not being contained and they would be shipped separately. It has just arrived but I want to get on top of this as Segways are boat anchors without batteries. Originally, I was informed the machine would be shipped within 3-7 days. That didn’t happen and emails assured me all was well, but they never got back to me “immediately” like they indicated. I’m not hard to please as long as I’m kept informed. This appears to be very slipshod. Anyone else have this kind of experience? It was purchased online directly from Segway in NH. I was offered the option of a dealer prepping it for me. I should have taken that offer.

airdale 08-29-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defenbaugh (Post 243458)
My Segway i2 SE just arrived. There were no batteries in the large box. In a call to the company I was informed the batteries would arrive separately “soon.” The response was very vague like no carrier info or tracking information. Nothing was mentioned upon purchase about the batteries not being contained and they would be shipped separately. It has just arrived but I want to get on top of this as Segways are boat anchors without batteries. Originally, I was informed the machine would be shipped within 3-7 days. That didn’t happen and emails assured me all was well, but they never got back to me “immediately” like they indicated. I’m not hard to please as long as I’m kept informed. This appears to be very slipshod. Anyone else have this kind of experience? It was purchased online directly from Segway in NH. I was offered the option of a dealer prepping it for me. I should have taken that offer.

Yes, those batteries are being ground shipped, its normal...They will come via FedEx.

defenbaugh 08-29-2018 02:17 PM

Thanks. That’s what I’ve found out after some inquiries. Imagine my anxiety not having been informed of that.