SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Stirling Generator Will Take Us All Off The Grid (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33177)

JohnM 07-03-2014 12:39 PM

New Stirling Generator Will Take Us All Off The Grid

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christop...wer-the-world/

I love it when DK predicts that we will all be using his latest device in ten years.

jgbackes 07-03-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 235052)

I love it when DK predicts that we will all be using his latest device in ten years.

Yea, Dean's such a fake and a shill... Insulin Pump, Infusion Pump, Portable Dialysis, Water Purification System. He is a total failure as a person.

<rant>If only you were 1/1000 the person Dean is, you'd stop complaining about other people's failures and do something remarkable yourself. How many of your inventions are used daily in Hospitals all over the world? Dean's brother was a Doctor that needed to better regulate drug delivery to children with cancer. So Dean and his team developed the infusion pump.

People continue to publish his statements because his statements still have value. When was the last time your name was published anywhere other than "For a good time call John" in the Men's rest room at the edge of town? I just realized, you do have one important piece of equipment that shares you name. Excuse me while I go use it.</rant>

But then again, I could be wrong.

jeff

Tritium 07-03-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgbackes (Post 235053)
[Offensive text removed] But then again, I could be wrong.

jeff

Much of your post violates the terms of service/rules:
"2. Don’t personally attack, bully or harass other members."

No matter how much you dislike John, it's still not very nice to say.

KSagal 07-03-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 235052)

I met Dean 10 years or so ago, at the company, and later at his home, related to the segways I have owned. I realize that even though he seem well known for the segway, he has invented and contributed to many, many worthwhile inventions and devices.

I also believe he is personally responsible for more patents than many countries.

4 or so years ago, my son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. (Formerly known as Juvenile Diabetes, an auto immune disease that affects his Pancreas)

Today, he wears an infusion pump, that exists because of Dean Kamen and his work and brilliance, that delivers his insulin to him and replaces the 6 to 8 daily shots of insulin injections that he requires / required.

I like my segway, and it has brought me hours of joy, entertainment, and convenience.

That pump has MATERIALLY improved the quality of my son's life. The segway has done the same for many with mobility issues.

JohnM enjoys nattering on about how foolish we are, or how misguided Dean is. I wish he could see some of the good that has come from Dean's inventions, and stop being the troll he enjoys being here so much.

Yes, some enthusiasts see a potential in a Kamen invention, as does he, and sometime the impact is overstated in general terms.

Next time JohnM wants to trash him, I wish he would consider going to the nearest diabetes clinic or physical therapist who works with the mobility impared, and ask those who's lives have been improved by Kamen's inventions just how appropriate his barbs are...

I used to care, and fight back against JohnM's constant attacks here. Now I just feel sorry for his ignorance, and the fact that he chooses to stay that way, and remind us of it so often.

KSagal 07-03-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 235056)
Much of your post violates the terms of service/rules:
"2. Don’t personally attack, bully or harass other members."

No matter how much you dislike John, it's still not very nice to say.

A body should reap what he sows. You should try less to hold Jeff accountable to what he says ( Which I happen to agree with and did not find to be unreasonable nor a violation of the terms of service) and try to hold JohnM more accountable.

When a person comes here to rain on the parade, and you make excuses for it, you only encourage it, and get more of the same.

This is a Segway Enthusiasts forum. I believe that the total of Jeff's contribution in this example is far more uplifting and appropriate to the reason for this forum than JohnM's contribution.

Consider the body of their work, if you choose to take sides.

Long ago, a friend in the army told me that if he does not know a person, but knows who they choose to walk down the street with, he has a pretty good idea of what they are like. Birds of a feather do flock together.

Defend the indefensible, and you marginalize yourself.

Of course, you may feel that none of this applies to you. If that is the case, do not apply it to yourself. The platitudes stand on their own.

JohnM 07-04-2014 05:10 AM

Let's agree to revisit this thread in 10 years. It will be good for a laugh.

Amimoto 07-04-2014 08:17 AM

Inventors are idealist, quite often they are not the businessman and investors, and more often is the greed of businessman who muck up a wonderful invention.

sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk APP

KSagal 07-04-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnM (Post 235061)
Let's agree to revisit this thread in 10 years. It will be good for a laugh.

Why do you choose to not respond to my comments about the quality of life improvements his inventions have made to those who can appreciate them?

Is it because while you like to throw stones, you have no argument for the value of an insulin pump, or a segway that helps to replace lost mobility?

airdale 07-05-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 235065)
Why do you choose to not respond to my comments about the quality of life improvements his inventions have made to those who can appreciate them?

Is it because while you like to throw stones, you have no argument for the value of an insulin pump, or a segway that helps to replace lost mobility?

Because I will say it again.....He is a troll....that is part of there description...

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Gihgehls 07-07-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 235065)

The difference is that DK never made statements such as "In 5 years, all diabetics will be wearing this pump" or "injection syringes will be obsolete in 3 years" or "hospitals of the future will be designed around this stent."