SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What's the story with this company? (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33290)

Hoffainc 08-22-2014 10:27 AM

What's the story with this company?

I just saw an ad for segwaykiller.com

Looks like Ninebot makes the machine; 55lbs, 12.5mph, 18.6mile/charge

I'm surprised that's not some sort of infringement on the Segway name. What's the story with this company? Anyone use one of their machines?

airdale 08-22-2014 10:56 AM

Looks like a Freego?... Just someone in USA that is carrying there products?....

Does not state battery type, or very much info....If you buy one give us a review.....

Gihgehls 08-22-2014 12:36 PM

Those ninebots actually don't look too bad. They claim redundant control boards and batteries. Nice and light, with lots of lighting options. It also looks like the official segway bag fits onto the "operation bar." The ninebot site has a video of a solowheel-type device with lots of cool blinking lights. I am genuinely interested in these guys now.

terryp 08-22-2014 05:24 PM

The Ninebot (stupid name) does look interesting. It has features I would have expected Segway to have implemented by now - quick removal of handlebar, cooler looks, nifty display, cheaper, lighter... I'd love to see an unbiased detailed comparison, including a teardown.

rickb 08-22-2014 05:40 PM

The off road model looks pretty good too. I am trying to find independent and/or owner reviews without much success.

airdale 08-23-2014 10:23 AM

what type of batteries?

JW Hunter 08-23-2014 10:43 AM

Oracle, Arizona

You could visit their Headquarters....a Post Office in Oracle, Arizona....

the Chinese and their US enablers will keep ripping us off in perpetuity as long as we have fools chasing stuff on the cheap....

I actually have zero sympathy for those who try to buy this crap....

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

airdale 08-23-2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW Hunter (Post 235422)
You could visit their Headquarters....a Post Office in Oracle, Arizona....

the Chinese and their US enablers will keep ripping us off in perpetuity as long as we have fools chasing stuff on the cheap....

I actually have zero sympathy for those who try to buy this crap....

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

I completely agree with you.......But no I am not allowed to drive...So from Sedona to Orical would take me some time to get to...

Tritium 08-24-2014 08:31 AM

Thankfully I'm just a couple miles downstream from Oracle, actually even on Oracle Road!
If I get a chance, I'll stop by the location and take a peek.
Let me know what anyone finds out.

Hoffainc 08-24-2014 02:30 PM

Tritium, looking forward to your field report :)