SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   ES2: external better is overly discharged (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=36485)

theglenster 02-20-2019 03:10 PM

ES2: external better is overly discharged

1 Attachment(s)
hi guys,
while i wait for a response from segway i thought id ask here if anyone has had a similar experience as ive not been able to find any by googling.

basicly i ordered an external battery for my ES2 and fitted it last night.
the first thing needed was a firmware update. that ran through with no problems. but then all of a sudden the ES2 starts bleeping wildly and on the app a warning appears:

"External battery is overly discharged and not available to charge. Please replace battery. (46)"

i can see the external battery in the app. its firmware is now uptodate and the app is telling me its 20% full, although after going to work today and leaving it atached to the ES2 its come down to 2%

has anyone seen anything like this? im hopeing segway gets back to me soon!

iMak 02-25-2019 03:34 PM

Very strange, hope someone could help.

theglenster 03-08-2019 09:13 AM

after a few weeks of waiting i get an email from paypal showing that segway have paid me back the money. no note from segway, nothing.
so i rang there "customer care" hotline and was promptly informed that if i wanted another one i would have to order it again.
oh well, second time lucky i guess.... wish me luck

theglenster 03-13-2019 11:42 AM

so new battery arrived yesterday and i fitted it only to be met with a new error code:

„external battery protection borad is damaged. Please replaced battery (48)“

i restarted the scooter to see if that helps. scooter starts and no external betery is visable in the app. after starting i get asked by the app to do a firmware update

after firmware update is complete and es2 restarts... straight way the dreaded bleeping and the good old error code like before....

„external battery is overly discharged and not available to charge. Please replace battery. (46)“

back to square one. i guess i send it back and buy another one. third time luck i hope

cheers
g

Pescador12 03-14-2019 06:45 PM

The external battery, if it is lithium, should not be discharged below 20%. It should be stored for sale in a warehouse at around 50%. The charge circuits will see a battery below 20% as overly discharged and possibly damaged. Therefore, they will likely not charge it.

Maybe the scooter's charge circuit will slow charge it if left connected. Then when above 20 percent, kick into high charge rate. Stay home and monitor it if you try to charge it.

Odd, that Segway is letting batteries in warehouses get so low on charge. A disconnected battery should not discharge on its own except for very slowly over several years. Perhaps there is some built in smart circuit on the battery that is discharging it.

The only thing you can do is try another battery. Maybe try a battery straight from the Segway website to avoid suspect batteries?

Nickwilly 03-16-2019 03:16 AM

same problem with my es2

i have exact same problem,but my battery did work for about a month before those same error codes..

theglenster 03-19-2019 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pescador12 (Post 244539)
The only thing you can do is try another battery. Maybe try a battery straight from the Segway website to avoid suspect batteries?

i am actually buying direct from segway, twise now
my uneducated guess, is that they have been stored in a very cold warehouse.
anyway, segway tech suport told me they have passed my case on to their engineers and i should wait untill i hear from them.

theglenster 04-16-2019 07:04 AM

"We are currently working on your problem. This can take up some time as we have forwarded your error description to our technician department.

In the next 1 to 3 days we will contact you again with the results.

We thank you for your understanding and wish you a nice day. "

so after 5 weeks of waiting and 3 ignored emails asking what is going on, ive just been given by segway germany, an email adress to some external company that aparantly now handles customer support and told to contact them from now on

this service ****ing sucks!!!!

so ive written to this new email address. lets see what happens.

theglenster 04-26-2019 11:13 AM

still no answer from either segway or the new "customer service" company.

new try sent today.......

futuresport 04-27-2019 07:47 AM

general

Seriously !
I hadn't heard this problem before.

Hope someone can help .
Wish you good luck.