SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This could be the latest Segway add-on... (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=32249)

Five-Flags 08-07-2013 09:30 PM

This could be the latest Segway add-on...

Normally, I don't think too much about bikes, but this caught my eye...

I'm just not sure I'd want to see a Seg like this, though....:D:D:D

Check it out ;)

:)

airdale 08-07-2013 10:16 PM

So why is it built on a bike frame? How about a lazy boy recliner? Just sayen!

Gona pedal with 100 lbs of props, engine, and metal guards? LOL...

Ill take mine in black leather with massage option.

KSagal 08-08-2013 12:19 AM

Last time I weighed as much as that rider, I was about a month before my 1st birthday. Meaning, my mother was 8 months pregnant with me.

It is fine and dandy to see that item fly, but a 150 or 200 pound rider will make a very different issue than a set of clothes stretched over a wire frame.

Still, each and every one of these items gets us a bit closer to these things actually being real.

JohnM 08-10-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 230692)
So why is it built on a bike frame?

Its laterally stiff yet vertically compliant?
(Sorry, inside bike joke.)

Rolacoy 08-11-2013 09:21 AM

It might work, but three fans or even 4 and outboard a bit for stabilization. Something I always wanted to build is a hover car, somewhat different than a flying bike. And a house built out of foam and a seat for my long gone Segway. I did build a spaceship, well rebuilt one. I encourage anyone to try new ideas.

KSagal 08-11-2013 09:55 AM

I love to combine threads...

I wonder if Rolacoy's foam house could help with Tritium's sinking house syndrome.

Rolacoy 08-11-2013 04:02 PM

Sorry, my mind always drifts. As you said it looked like a dummy as the rider. Of course it was a dummy, whether it was flesh and blood or a wire frame. It appears that it could pitch sideways pretty easy. I think maybe there are some black stabilizers holding the top or are they holding the "dummy" ?

This morning when I got to church someone had a heave duty 4' fan in the back of their pickup truck. I immediately thought of the fans on the bike. I am pretty sure that they were just hauling it. BUT, it could have been for thrust or maybe even for lift. It was a Texas pickup.

KSagal 08-11-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolacoy (Post 230750)
Sorry, my mind always drifts. As you said it looked like a dummy as the rider. Of course it was a dummy, whether it was flesh and blood or a wire frame. It appears that it could pitch sideways pretty easy. I think maybe there are some black stabilizers holding the top or are they holding the "dummy" ?

This morning when I got to church someone had a heave duty 4' fan in the back of their pickup truck. I immediately thought of the fans on the bike. I am pretty sure that they were just hauling it. BUT, it could have been for thrust or maybe even for lift. It was a Texas pickup.

Perhaps it was for extra lateral travel when jumping washed out bridges, 'Smokey and the Bandit' style!

Tritium 08-12-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSagal (Post 230745)
I love to combine threads...

I wonder if Rolacoy's foam house could help with Tritium's sinking house syndrome.

Sinking house?

More like sinking IQ...

KSagal 08-12-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 230759)
Sinking house?

More like sinking IQ...

No no NO! That would be me!