SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Elio (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=32358)

terryp 09-08-2013 09:09 PM

Elio

muttonchops and I checked out a pre-prototype of the 2-seat, 3-wheeled Elio today. It's expected to go into production next fall. It's very comfortable, and will come standard with all the ammenities for just $300 more than an i2! Personally, I think I'd still opt for the Seg, but the Elio might be just as much fun, and more practical. Unfortunately, there's not nearly enough room for a Seg inside. :( Check it out at eliomotors.com.

Tritium 09-08-2013 10:51 PM

Should be posted in Science and other not-Segway-related subforum.

Also, looks like the T3.

terryp 09-08-2013 11:50 PM

Not even if you squint.

I posted here because I'd like to hear the opinions of other Segway owners. Many other alternative vehicles have been discussed here for the same reason.

Tritium 09-08-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terryp (Post 231393)
Not even if you squint.

I posted here because I'd like to hear the opinions of other Segway owners. Many other alternative vehicles have been discussed here for the same reason.

You're right, I didn't remember the R3 is solid instead of exposed wheel design.

Also, based on what I've seen since joining, threads that are about vehicles other than Segways usually are moved.

KSagal 09-09-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 231386)
Should be posted in Science and other not-Segway-related subforum.

Also, looks like the T3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tritium (Post 231394)
You're right, I didn't remember the R3 is solid instead of exposed wheel design.

Also, based on what I've seen since joining, threads that are about vehicles other than Segways usually are moved.

T3? R3? Huh?

I am not familiar with an R3, or at least do not recall it.

What is an R3?

airdale 09-09-2013 09:12 AM

I love it... Suprised at the price?

I hope they make it... USA company and jobs for the Americain worker!

Rolacoy 09-09-2013 12:13 PM

I have seen stories about it several times on the Shreveport, LA stations. The plant is about 10 miles from where I live. They might be ok for running to the store or work. I don't think I want to cruse I-20 in one.

airdale 09-09-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolacoy (Post 231412)
I have seen stories about it several times on the Shreveport, LA stations. The plant is about 10 miles from where I live. They might be ok for running to the store or work. I don't think I want to cruse I-20 in one.

Yep...I would say the same thing about a motorcycle also!...

I ride my seg down AZ260... there is a sidewalk on one side that I ride it on...one wrong move I will get nailed by someone going 50 or 70mph!

wish there was another route but not out here in to boonies just to find my way to nomans land..

PeteInLongBeach 09-09-2013 12:32 PM

Dynamically, the layout of the Elio is perfect for all kinds of driving. The stability and safety of this kind of design has been proven in other similar vehicles. Years ago I owned a TriHawk, which was similar except it had transverse seating instead of tandem. It literally could outhandle anything on the road.

As far as passive safety, the Elio proposal calls for all the usual safety technology found on conventional cars. One aspect of its layout is actually safer than regular cars, in that the front wheels are configured OUTSIDE the passenger cell perimeter. This eliminates the possibility of footwell intrusion by the road wheel. This is a significant issue for many conventional cars, revealed in the new IIHS small overlap crash tests.

Tritium 09-09-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 231414)
I ride my seg down AZ260... there is a sidewalk on one side that I ride it on...one wrong move I will get nailed by someone going 50 or 70mph!

No guardrail?