SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Videos and Podcasts (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Reworked my i2 Commuter for a "bit" more speed ;) (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=26924)

BoscoBob 01-01-2012 11:25 PM

Reworked my i2 Commuter for a "bit" more speed ;)

http://youtu.be/tN4kBRx3NAM

Gihgehls 01-02-2012 01:20 PM

Cool Vid. Some tips for next time:

1.lock the exposure so that every frame is exposed the same way.

2. Most retail stores and supermarkets have a policy against taking pictures/video inside.

Bob.Kerns 01-02-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gihgehls (Post 218979)
2. Most retail stores and supermarkets have a policy against taking pictures/video inside.

Maybe true, but they're rapidly becoming obsolete and unenforceable.

(The "Maybe" there is purely technical, as I suspect that most stores are small operations that have never bothered to have a policy, so I'm guessing it isn't actually a majority, but it's not really relevant to either your or my point).

Between price scanning apps and people texting photos of products to spouses, etc., cameras and their use are rapidly becoming ubiquitous.

Still, they're likely to throw you out on your ear if they suspect you're collecting data for a competitor.

BoscoBob 01-02-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gihgehls (Post 218979)
Cool Vid. Some tips for next time:

1.lock the exposure so that every frame is exposed the same way.

1. Glad to know that you know about cameras. Can you give me a step-by-step on how to do that with my GoPro Hero HD? I haven't been able to find that setting.

2. Maybe in "Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha" they worry about that, but here in Nosepick, Oregon it's not a big issue. We generally take our chill pills and live a good life.

KSagal 01-02-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoscoBob (Post 218987)
1. Glad to know that you know about cameras. Can you give me a step-by-step on how to do that with my GoPro Hero HD? I haven't been able to find that setting.

2. Maybe in "Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha" they worry about that, but here in Nosepick, Oregon it's not a big issue. We generally take our chill pills and live a good life.

Bob,

In the menu bar below the title to this thread, there is a choice of "My Account" on the left edge... That is where you can see the reputation comments people make to your posts.

To make a comment yourself, you can click on the scales link under the name of the poster (in the left margin).

Many people are not fans of the reputation points, which show as green boxes under your name when you post, and while they are manipulated if you want to take that effort, and the moderators can change them at will, but it is a good place to make a non public comment if you like.

I say all this, because I liked the post above, and left you a positive hit for your reputation.

Keep gliding, keep smiling, and keep your wit.

Gihgehls 01-03-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoscoBob (Post 218987)

1. I read the entire manual to your camera. It looks really fun! Unfortunately I did not see an option to lock the exposure.

2. I used to work in a super market in California, and it would have been my responsibility to notice the camera on your handle bars and ask if you were recording video. People there were on plenty of pills. Still photos were ok, and helpful as Bob above me mentioned.