PDA

View Full Version : That Ugly Warning Sticker

pinmagic
06-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Folks: It occurred to me yesterday (at a meeting of local Seg owners) that many people haven't removed that ugly warning sticker just above the charge light on the Segway control shaft. I took mine off -- who needs to scare people with a pictogram of some guy falling off the thing? For those who were wondering, it peels off very easily, in 1 piece, leaving very little residue. You can clean any remaining residue with denatured alochol. Makes for a much cleaner look.

MY OTHER CAR IS A SEGWAY

Sal
06-10-2005, 02:20 PM
The sticker has been discussed here before. I believe there are two camps of folks here:
(1) those that want that sticker to remain as a warning to others and those who just don't want to modify the purity of the out of the box segway.

and

(2) those that feel that the sticker is just an unnecessary warning and would scare folks without reason.

Personally, I like the sticker, I think it's a funny little illustration. :-)

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

terryp
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I removed the sticker from my i180, but it was hard to peel off and left a lot of the adhesive behind. I had to use Goof-off to get it off.

Segway - What's holding you up?

Mr_Laurenzano
06-11-2005, 12:33 AM
I just put a sticker over it about the same size that said.
"FEAR
THIS"
It gets the point across.

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

segtownmst
06-11-2005, 02:30 AM
I took it off of my new i180. It came off really easily in one piece.

ZoliHonig
06-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I think you should leave it on so curious passerbys don't step on.

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

pinmagic
06-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Oh, I just don't think it has any impact on lamebrains who would step on the Segway. First of all, it's too low to really be seen, and second, if they're rude and stupid enough to step on someone else's Segway without permission, they probably wouldn't be put off by a sticker.

MY OTHER CAR IS A SEGWAY

BarnyFife
06-14-2005, 01:47 AM
There is a legal issue there, if someone got on and got hurt you can always point to the sticker and say that they were warned.

Mr. Protocol
06-14-2005, 04:37 AM
What he said. After the fact your lawyer is gonna be reeeal happy if that sticker is still there.