PDA

View Full Version : It's a Small World

segtownmst
06-08-2005, 03:54 AM
So I was on my way home from work today and as I was turning onto one of the streets up to my apartment I thought I saw someone riding up the golf cart path on a Segway. I had a quick double take and quickly realized it was indeed a titanium i167 with a man walking his dog. I told my roommate who was driving to turn around, but of course there was another car behind us so we couldnt. We hurried home as fast we could and I jumped out of the car an ran inside, hopped on my Segway and went out the back porch onto the golf course on my way to find the man I had seen. My roomate had to hurry off to meet his mother for dinner, haha. Anyways, a few minutes later I cam acorss the man I had seen and said hi and we started talking. It started off as just small talk but after a few minutes we made our way to my place in order for me to get the printout of the EPAMD law that I had on my computer. After enjoying some cold drinks (and yes, the dog got some water too) and about 45 minutes of talking we decided to exchange numbers so that we could schedule a future BBQ he was on his way again. I sat on my patio afterwards thinking to myself, "I would have never talked to him had it never been that he was on a Segway." It had turned out that we had a connection from a church we both were involved with and we both have some future business ideas we are goign to connect on.

This little incident just made me stop and think about how great the Segway is for breaking down barriors of communication and acting as a conversation starter. Anyone else have any similar experiences?

Sleepy
06-08-2005, 04:20 AM
Matt, it happens all the time! I've met some of my best friends from Bay Area SEG.
It's amazing the almost instantaneous network of friends you have when you own a Segway.

-Alex

Sal
06-08-2005, 07:45 AM
The Segway is a great ice breaker for meeting people, people not on Segways as well.

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

voiceguy
06-08-2005, 07:45 AM
I am an actor who resides in Los Angeles and was introduced to the Seg world by a producer out here. I hopped on his i170 and the next day was on the way to saving up for my very own unit (I've had one for almost 3 weeks now).

I have met a number of interesting folks, some of whom might not given me the time of day had it not been that I was riding on a magic carpet.

It truly is an ice breaker!

Voiceguy

"All I need is a full battery ... and a star to steer her by"