PDA

View Full Version : How much do you use your Segway?

drolsinatas
06-07-2005, 07:30 PM
1. Everymorning going to work.
2. All day running errands (food, water parts) or picking up tools we forget.
3. Visiting friends after work.
4. Ride home from work.
5. Going out to visit people or pick up whatever I need for whatever it is I'm doing after hours.

Typical day. The only times I plug in the Segway are when I get home from work and at night.

You?

This thing rules.

X-man
06-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Whenever I'm not driving, sitting, or walking.

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.

Nightline
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
Well as for me, since I work 20 miles away, I use my trusty gasoline powered transport....car

But, I so far after owning for 2 weeks, I make it a point to take a nice ride/glide for at least an hour every day. I make quick trips to the local quickie mart, just ride around Long Beach practicing gliding and of course stopping to answer the many questions about the Seg.

------------------------
I love riding my Red i80
------------------------
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it. - Maya Angelou

segtownmst
06-07-2005, 11:28 PM
1. 32 minute ride to work. . . .unless I know I have to go somehwere after woork that day
2. ride to lunch some days downtown somewhere
3. run errands for things or a quick Starbucks pick-me-up
4. 35 minute ride home at night, sometimes stopping for dinner
5. quick jont out at night to get the mail a few blocks away in the apartment complex

Thats a typical day for me, at least 4 out of the 7. Other uses include:
Rides down to the local park for some ultimate frisbee, etc
Errands for small groceries or dinner items
Quick runs down to (one of the many) local Starbucks
Trips to local restaurants for meals
Riding over to friends houses that live close by
Occasional rides around the golf course behind my Appt. just for fun
Riding down to the gym. . .yes, I know it doesnt make since, but its more fun!

And yes, every now and then if I see an attractive young lady somewhere I will make a note to ride by sometime on my HT. . . . just in hope that it might be a conversation starter. :)

Matt

Dragan
06-08-2005, 01:34 AM
glide to the store in the morning, glide all day with customers in the store, glide home at night.
grocery store - glide, almost every time
weekends- r.ving with my wife, park the R.V., unload the Segs, glide
banking - glide. Parkings too much of a hassle.
In short, all day, every day. Don't use the vehicles much at all anymore except to deliver
Segs to customers.

GAWD, I love my work!
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

driley
06-08-2005, 01:57 AM
I glide to work everyday. I have not used my car for commuting in over 1.5 years. The car stays in underground parking and I only see it on the weekends and use it only when going out of town or when going to the grocery store and such.

Devin

pam
06-08-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm like Devin, except I'd just as soon the temp be over 40 degrees. We do get some chilly winter mornings in NW Florida.
Pam

wwhopper
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
Each day is a new gliding opportunity for me. Yesterday - I had my car serviced before it's week at race camp. So I took the car to the shop with the Segway in the back seat. Dropped it off, took the Segway out got glided to the MetroRail and then went home and about the business of the day. Later in the afternoon, glided to the Post Office then to Metro and back to pick up the car.

Today I will glide to a DC pedestrian meeting to represent Segways in DC.

Most days its to the store, to the post office, and just general short hops that I would have in the past used the car for.

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

ondiet
06-08-2005, 10:22 AM
Glide to buy grocery
Glide to bank
Glide to get back my car from garage.
Glide to park around my APT.

Less than 10 hrs a week...
Just too many ppl stare @ me and segway as a monster in here...
Prephas, I am the only one who glide in my city.

JaredHT
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Well,

As anyone who knows me can attest, I'm usually working about 12-13 hours a day (much riding time, but that doesn't count). Aside from work I take about 45 mins to 1 hour of nonwork related or recreational gliding a day.

Peace,

JaredHT
Jared M. Cavalier
Segway of Ohio
888.6SEGWAY(673.4929)

mici
06-08-2005, 03:03 PM
i'd say everyday, or at least 5 days a week, to do the erands, for work and for pleasure.even january cold winter weather didn't stop me, but i love how the batteries handle now that it's warm

tpkanaley
06-08-2005, 03:31 PM
I ride daily to and from work (2.5 miles in each direction). I occasionally glide to do errands if they are far away, but since I live in the heart of DC most errands are either within a couple of blocks so I, *GASP*, walk, or they are too far away out in the burbs and so I rent a ZIPCAR for a few hours or the day.

I also try to join in the DC SEG group glides whenever I can. I rarely go out for a "joy-"glide by myself these days, preferring to go for a run instead...'cause all we Segway owners are lazy, remember?

Since I've owned my Segway I have lost 10 pounds, go figure ...

Tim

Mr_Laurenzano
06-08-2005, 11:00 PM
My next door neighbor saw me in a car today and said it was the first time since he knew me that he had seen me in a car. That au'ta sum it up.

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

Segdoc
06-09-2005, 01:41 AM
Glide to work everyday, glide home about midnight. Sometimes a few little side trips on the way to work. Average about 5 to 7 miles a day. This thing rules. Fabulous advance in transportation. I would like to see millions of these things on our streets instead of cars. People see me on the street corner doing piroettes while waiting for the green light and when the light turns green I often hear horns honking (they forget to go on the green because they are watching me ! ) lol

Cuts my miles on my car by 50%. I only use the car now for longer trips or where I don't have the time to glide.

Segdoc

SegwayUtah
06-09-2005, 10:43 AM
I go to work, grab lunch, get the dry cleaning, grab some movie tickets, go visit clients, stop by the post office, go home, go visit some friends, etc.

I pretty much never drive anymore. If I do, it's because it's a long-distance trip typically. I travel a minimum of a few miles a day on my HT, and some days I go about 14-24 miles. Even with the new Li-ion batteries (which I am so eagerly anticipating yet patiently waiting for), I will still need to recharge during my downtime some days.

Chris

wwhopper
06-09-2005, 11:50 AM
For SegwayFest DC - we plan on having folks do a lot of gliding! Recreational gliding as well as gliding to and from places for fesT activites.

Because Segways are designed for just this type of urban environment.

Have your batteries charged!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

X-man
06-09-2005, 12:36 PM
When living in Chicago, I used it for all my travels that could be accomplished within battery range. After moving to Utah, I use it for all travel within the community (others use golf carts) but there is always a fully charged macine in the back of my PT Cruiser. which has an inverter hard wired to the battery, and park my car in one place and glide from there wherever I stop.
If I'm staying in a motel/hotel I use it instead of the car to explore the area.

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.