PDA

View Full Version : CONTROL STICK PLUG PINS

anthony_starke
06-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Fellow Segwayers,

My segway has been acting up as of late...giving me a ton of red wrenches. The strange thing is that it works for a while...then red wrenches for days...and so on.

I have been doing the standard pull and switch the batteries and disconnect/reconnect the control stick.

The stick had a good whack at one point in its history so I am really hoping that it is the problem.

When I pulled the yellow and black plug apart tonight to give it another shot I noticed that on each of the plugs on of the pins looks to be either missing, or looks to be busted off of the mail side and lodged into the female side.

This would be great if this is the problem. It just strikes me odd that a pin from the same area in both of the plugs looks to be damaged.

Can some people from the group look at their machines at the yellow/black plug area and post what they find. I dont have anything to reference and any light that you can shed on the situation could make the difference between a simple pin problem and a really expensive potential platform fault ( which I still havent ruled out)

Thank you

W9GFO
06-07-2005, 12:52 AM
There is a "missing" pin in each connector, that is normal. I don't have too much advise for you but you might want to carefuly check for chafing of the cords where they go into the base.

Rich H

The Un-Official Segway Battery FAQ
http://www.spinfoot.com/SegwayBatteryFAQ.html

glen_d
06-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Both the black and yellow control shaft connectors in my i180 use all six available pins. Earlier models are apparently different.

wwhopper
06-07-2005, 09:26 AM
I found that in mine though the wires looked good - they had been kinked enough times that the wire inside had brooken and only made contact sometimes - everything would be good - but a good bump in the road brought on the dreaded shake and red wrench!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

W9GFO
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
The old ones have six pins also, but they are in connectors that look like they should have seven.

Rich H

The Un-Official Segway Battery FAQ
http://www.spinfoot.com/SegwayBatteryFAQ.html