PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Segway: To P or not to P?

Swedishfish
06-06-2005, 08:32 AM
Okay,

I need some advice. I have owned an I series for Over two years, and I think it's about time I took the plunge for a 2nd Segway.

I have been lusting after the P series for so long. I Have ridden it, I like it, I want it... BUT...

Of course, it's shorter range and speed are the only two things holding me back from buying it as my second Segway. I would mostly only use it to get to work and back instead of my I series.

Furthermore, I'd like LLC to continue supporting the P series in the way of Li Ion, or other accessories, which they haven't really done since it's inception.

So, here's what I need from the fine people of this forum: advice.

Should I go for the P series, or stick with what's been good so far and get another I series.

-Swedish Fish.

Don't Tread on Me.

wwhopper
06-06-2005, 09:56 AM
Having one Segway is fun - but having TWO is more than twice as much fun!

Who will be using the 2nd HT? And what will it be used for?

I have 2 and for us (I am the main glider) its great to have the 2nd one to go out together on errands or group glides. It is also great to have an extra when someone needs one for some reason.

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Swedishfish
06-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Will,

My girlfriend would be using the second one... Actually, if I get the P, I'd be using the P and she'd be using the I series. (she loves the I), and there's the rub... She'd still be going when I would need to recharge when we go gliding together, if I got the P... Argh!

She'll use the 2nd Segway (I or the P) on her way to work as well (but not 5 days a week), maybe 2 or 3 days a week.

The more I think about it, the more sense it would make to get a second I series, but Gawd, I love the P. he he he.

-SwedishFish

Don't Tread on Me.

Segway of St. Louis
06-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Nothing at all wrong with the P. If it fits your needs of course. LLC will continue to support but even if they do upgrade which I don't think they will right away, it will be on new models of course. Batteries would retrofit I am sure but nothing in the wind on this.

You can get great deals on the P as well.

Jeff Bach
Segway of St. Louis
636-754-4000

BJ
06-06-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey there Swedishfish,
My 2 cents worth. I have an i167 and the p133.
The Managment and go for long glides together, me on the i and her on the p, and she always keeps up with me and the range is not that bad at all on the p.
It is a great machine. Go for it.
BJ

Murray Fisher
06-06-2005, 11:49 AM
I guess I can't give any advice whether to P or Not to P!! However from what I see and read about the two and how I find my I after 2 years, I am a little concerned about depending on the P in making turns. I weigh 200 pounds and sometimes kind of make a quick turn without really leaning into it like I should and I depend on the weight of the machine to keep me from tipping up on one wheel. I really like the size of the P but don't think when I get a new machine that I will go for it, mostly for that reason!

Murray Fisher

JaredHT
06-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Swedishfish,

For your particular need, I'd say go with an i-Series. As a dealer I ride both daily and I understand the reasons you like the p133, however, it sounds like there are just too many uncertainties in your decision for a pSeries.

Segway HT's are an investment and you want to make sure you're absolutely happy with what you get. You know the iSeries. You know it has the capacity to meet your needs. You've been happy with it for over two years. Furthermore you'd get the comfort the the extended range, stability and clearance, in addition to having batteries that are interchangeable with your current unit.

While the p133 is a whole different type of glide, it sounds to me like the iSeries is the safe play here.

Best of luck in you decision, let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Peace,

JaredHT
Jared M. Cavalier
Segway of Ohio
888.6SEGWAY(673.4929)

X-man
06-06-2005, 11:52 AM
Answering you query "To P or not to P?"
I prefer my solution - an I for an I

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.

wwhopper
06-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Just make sure you retain your I or your P when you change out girl friends. And that it is not considered "hers!" And she is not using it as a guy magnet!

Nothing worse than a community property dispute over a Segway!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Hauptagon
06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
I've been thinking the same thing... If I were to get another Seg, would it be an p? I've always wanted a p to go with my i, too, but I realized that when I actually have the money for it, I'll have to go with another i (as much as I wan't a p). The i just suits my uses better. I live in a hilly area that's not very close to that many stores, and in the winter I need something that's good off-road. If I was in the city more often, than maybe I could justify the p, but it seems like you're in the same position as I; the i is just more suiting under the circumstances. Besides that, it's not as thought you'd be buying another i167... you'd have a sporty new 180! So it would still be something a little different.

-Justin

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." -From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Stewbonz
06-06-2005, 08:01 PM
It's nice to have both.
Sometimes you want to put it into the trunk or use in a tight area.

JEFF JARVIS
http://www.thailandsegwaytours.com/

Dragan
06-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I agree with Jeff; even with access to a full selection, the P is the one that leaves in my trunk most of the time. It's small, light, very capable and easy to use. It all comes down to what suits you best
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca