PDA

View Full Version : Strike while the iron is hot

Seeker
09-20-2002, 04:51 PM
I’m sure you’re all familar with the expression, ‘You’ve got to strike while the iron is hot’ !

What mix of conditions do you think Kamen is looking for, before he releases the consumer version of the Segway ?

He’s mentioned things like distribution channels, as needing to come into place. What do you think Segway distribution channels will look like, in order for the release of the consumer version Segway to be made possible?

Do you think there will be any changes to the currently envisioned Segway model, before it is released to the public ?

Do you think Kamen may be watching oil prices, and using them as a guide, as to when would be a good time to release Segways, which run on an alternative energy source ?

Seeker

ftropea
09-20-2002, 06:32 PM
An improving economy and more than 40 states with pro-Segway legislation. Also, I would think at this point, they must be collecting data... making inquiries... analyzing the results from the commercial tests... and coming up with a plan for the consumer release. They could also be working out manufacturing issues and negotiating deals with the part suppliers in an effort to lower the price as much as possible. Just speculation...

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Seeker
09-20-2002, 06:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by ftropea

An improving economy and more than 40 states with pro-Segway legislation. Also, I would think at this point, they must be collecting data... making inquiries... analyzing the results from the commercial tests... and coming up with a plan for the consumer release. They could also be working out manufacturing issues and negotiating deals with the part suppliers in an effort to lower the price as much as possible. Just speculation...

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

I’m guessing it’s a little hard for a guy like Kamen to be sitting on the release, wanting it to happen, but feeling that the time isn’t right yet for it to happen. In an article that was posted over at TIQ recently, it said that Kamen was frustrated that the consumer launch hasn’t taken place yet. I’m thinking he may not necessarily be frustrated as in ,“ oh no things aren’t working out well”, but more in the way that a kid at Christmas time, is frustrated with the fact that Christmas day is coming up soon, but he has to wait for now.

Kamen, as we know, is very enthusiastic and he’s also a ‘let’s do it’ kind of guy. With these traits, he wants to see his project get off the ground, so he can enjoy the fruits of his labour ( of love).At the same time though, he’s showing restraint, because his instincts, and the information he’s gathered, tell him that it’s not quite time yet.

Seeker

ftropea
09-22-2002, 03:01 PM
At this point, it doesn't look we'll see it by this Christmas. However, it would be nice to be able to pre-order one :) Regarding the wait... I'm a patient guy. Also, I'm optimisitc about things in general. However, I have a very strong feeling that if they price and market the consumer version correctly, it will be a huge success.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

4Seg
09-22-2002, 05:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by ftropea

At this point, it doesn't look we'll see it by this Christmas. However, it would be nice to be able to pre-order one :) Regarding the wait... I'm a patient guy. Also, I'm optimisitc about things in general. However, I have a very strong feeling that if they price and market the consumer version correctly, it will be a huge success.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Frank!!! I just had an epiphany from your remark!!! I too am a patient guy and would love to get on the waiting list. (Maybe Segway's website registration is there.)

An illuminating discovery came out of your last post on this topic. I cannot post it now, but will soon. :) (sorry for the teaser)

If we could only be resellers...

See the Segway clips! http://www.stlsegway.com/movies

Seg-wager
09-22-2002, 05:33 PM
quote:An illuminating discovery came out of your last post on this topic. I cannot post it now, but will soon. :) (sorry for the teaser)

Um, NO FAIR! [:P]

ftropea
09-22-2002, 05:42 PM
Oh, I love suspense.. I hope it'll last!!! :D

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea