PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Segway technology?

SegwayUtah
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Toyota is promising "domestic helper" robots by the year 2010.

You can see a few of their early balancing bots and the article at:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=technologyNews&storyID=8647221&src=rss/technologyNews

Click on the photo in that link--they certainly have the "bling bling" going on their rolling bot in front. And hey -- it's using Segway's patented dynamic stabilization technology.

I wonder if they're going to bring domestic bots to the market that balance by 2010 and, if that's their desire, if Segway would license the technology (and patents) to them for certain applications.

It would be a hard call, for sure.

Chris

Mr_Laurenzano
05-31-2005, 02:45 PM
I think you could just hire someone to ride a segway and do domestic chores. I can almost play my guitar while riding. I would have to learn the trumpet.

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

Stan671
05-31-2005, 04:21 PM
It is not confirmed that the robot in that picture uses dynamic stabilization technology.

Stan Dobrowski

Itsi Atkins
05-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Marketing + specialize market + good product + loyal branding + good technology + cheap labor = ToyotaWay LLC
Then it will be legal in Japan!

Itsi Atkins
05-31-2005, 04:39 PM
THE SEGway 4300 not a new model. Sounds like it new technology!!

"The SEGway 4300 is our highest capacity signaling gateway offering to date. Our field-hardened signaling software combined with our robust hardware platform offers the flourishing VoIP market a flexible, cost-competitive solution for next-generation networks," said Deb Brunner-Walker, signaling product manager for Performance Technologies. "As global IP convergence moves closer to the mainstream, our gateways are being deployed around the globe. This latest offering was created to meet the burgeoning demands of ever- growing IP networks and new application providers."

Itsi Atkins
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Not Everything SEGWAY IS SEGWAY!!
http://www.segwaycollection.com

pam
05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Interesting, owned by Steve Geffner, first registered in 2000, as I recall.
Pam

KSagal
05-31-2005, 05:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr_Laurenzano

I think you could just hire someone to ride a segway and do domestic chores. I can almost play my guitar while riding. I would have to learn the trumpet.

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

A trumpet may work because it has valves. A trombone is a different story. Every time you extend the slide, it's weight would make you go forward. (Forward for low notes, backwards for high notes!)

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

SegwayUtah
05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Stan671

It is not confirmed that the robot in that picture uses dynamic stabilization technology.

I've watched it move -- it works like an RMP.

It falls forward, and then catches itself.

Looks like a Segway, moves like a Segway . . .

:)

Chris