PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a Segway in a 2004 Mustang

JasonHilton
05-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm going to buy a Segway, most likely a P133 before the end of summer.
Now, the problem is: I have a 2004 Mustang. The P133 will not fit in the trunk...

The only option I see is to lay it down on the back seats. Thus voiding the reason to purchase a P133 (to keep it in the trunk). I might as well get a i180 if its going to take up both the back seats. If anyone has any ideas or tricks on getting the P133 in and out of the trunk I would be happy to hear them. The trunk has about 14-15" of "headroom" and is 10.9 cubic feet. I can get a exact measurement if you need it.

Thanks,
Jason Hilton :)

Segway P133 Coming Soon! (Hopefully)

Dragan
05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
That's a tough one...you'd need 16in to get the wheels in. I have a Subaru Legacy GT sedan, and while I can't get a 170/180 into the trunk, I can stuff my p133 in there without a problem, I just drop the bars to the lowest position possible, lift it up and lay it sideways in the trunk.

You could go with a hitch hauler, of course....then you don't need to worry about the trunk
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

soloseg
05-31-2005, 12:33 AM
I can get my I170 in my MINI Cooper, its tight but it does fit. It fits much better though in my Dodge mini van.

KSagal
05-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Jason,

The simplest way to fit your segway into your trunk would be for you to trade your '04 Mustang for my '96 Bonneville.

Segways, bodies, cords of wood all fit into the old pontiac's trunk...

Let me know where we can meet so that I can help you out with this trade. I am glad to be of service...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

legpain
05-31-2005, 03:47 PM
Karl, you're in rare form today, just too, too funny!!!

Keep it up!

John