PDA

View Full Version : My Segway and I in the Bay Area News

segtownmst
05-30-2005, 04:50 PM
San Ramon (CA), a city about 45 minutes east of San Francisco held the anual Art and Wind Festival yesterday and today. My roommate and I headed down with our Segways (i167 and i180) and hung out for a few hours. It was great to see such an acceptance of the HT from the thousands of people there. A group of fireman that had a big botth there with some trucks and engines talked with us for a while and eargerly accepted our offer to try them out. About 30 minutes later we got our HT's back and were on our way again to watch the big Kite show. This was where we ran into local news station CBS ch5 News. They saw us and got some footage of me. I'm not sure if I'll make it on the air, but we'll see. Overall, it was great to get out into the community and talk with people about the Segway and see their faces light up with smiles. I'm happy with how people responded, and it was a new, fun way to explore the festival this year.

Just thought I'd share.
~Matt

Dragan
05-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't it cool to get that kind of reception? We recently did a trade show in Canmore, Alberta (right on the edge of Banff National Park) which is a very environmentally aware community and had a weekend of being treated like we were celebrities.

The entire town LOVED the Segways. We gave several hundred demos, handed out just as many brochures, gave demos to the entire town council (once the Mayor had his first glide, he phoned all of the council members and insisted they come down and try it out) and rode for miles through some of the most beautiful terrain on the continent.

It's interesting how fascinated firefighters are in the Segway; we encountered a crew from the town, and spent a couple of hours at the hall giving them demos (they even invited us for dinner as a thank you).

Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

soloseg
05-31-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey it sounds as if you had a super good time with the Segway. My wife and I use to live in Tracy Ca. We have been to your festival in the past and always had a good time.

slide4less
05-31-2005, 05:07 PM
are you going to ride the 4th in Danville? we will be there steve www.segwayofoakland.com

slide4less

segtownmst
05-31-2005, 06:29 PM
steve,

yes, stephen and I will both be there with our 180's. I'm looking forward to the parade! Lots of fun! (assuming you guys get the red one in by then)

The_milkman
06-03-2005, 08:37 PM
How many folks do you have riding in the parade? I'm over in the tri-valley and might be interested in joining??

Rich

Sleepy
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Mike Faith is gathering names from the Bay Area SEG for the 4th of July parade. If he has enough he was going to submit an application to be in the parade.
If you're interested in participating, shoot him an email:
[email protected]

-Alex