PDA

View Full Version : Segway Tips/Tricks/Parcour/Game of Skill

Jimmy Boy
05-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Hi,

I wonder what kind of little games there are to do with Segways...

I often try to better my skills and make a little course to ride.
Does anyone have tips?

1.game of skill (what kind? what to do?)
2.parcour (how should it look like? it should be hard!)

what i already did:

- picking things up from the ground while riding
- riding blindfolded and have someone else telling you what to do (is hard to do)
- backwards driving (so really backwards standing on a segway... no reverse)
- riding a very narrow parcour

can someone help giving me nice tips?
anykind of tip/trip etc is welcome...

i will add it to my startpost everytime someone has a new idea...

Heino
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi Jimmy Boy,

What really must be great to do is driving the Segway with two people on it. Never tried it myself but just recently I saw a guy who must have been in his seventies riding around with this great looking 20 year old. She was in front of this grandad and you should have seen the grin on this guys face!

On my p-series: "Take the long way home"

bystander
05-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Ummm.. How about Barrel Racing!

See Dragan's or Iwillis' post in this thread - Segway Adventure (http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11052)

florin
05-31-2005, 01:48 AM
how about riding while you are standing on your hands (ofcourse in a straight line, or you must be able to steer with your toes)? (ofcourse on your own risk, don't sew me when you get hurt or die when trying it)

Have you already tried the tricks which are shown in the end of the segway movie?

Kind regards,

Florin

Visit http://www.florin-webdesign.nl/segwayinfo if you want to stay up-to-date on the situation about the Segway HT in the Netherlands.
http://www.florin-webdesign.nl/segwayinfo/uploads/cavt41287ea7e3ec0

Jimmy Boy
05-31-2005, 02:36 AM
@bystander:
Barrel Racing but instead of the horse and the rider, another segway? it sounds easy though but fun :)

@florin:
my first reaction: "You want me dead?" :)
i did the one wheel riding but it is very unstable (and i think also not so good for the axels)

standing on my hands is a little bit overdone i think.
i did glide while sitting on the segway (steeringshaft compeletly down.

Some other ideas?

ZoliHonig
05-31-2005, 08:18 AM
Try poppa wheelies- while ur in the air turn the sterring grip and ur wheel will spill arond- it looks very cool.

There aree many variances to this trick that u could use like go for a few feet- do a small poppawheelie only about a half an inch off the ground- and spin ur wheel- it makes it look like u have spinners on u seg- it also looks really cool.

They have these moves in the segway product video at the end- u should check it out.

---
[8]-Zoli[8]

SegwayBill
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
Dancin with a skating partner, lots of spinning fun!
One of my partners is a 60 year old ballet instructor, we get into a full speed spin with her gracefully holding in a beautiful poise. It is dizzing and getting better each week, there will be video soon!
Slalom fowards,backwards and left and right spins thru cones.
Looking forward to seeing someone else running the cones backwards.
Also all the afore mention things while riding double usually with my wife.
There are some labyrinths painted in Union Square Park, They are alot of fun but only at night usually the park is too crowded and people walk thru the area they don't understand what you are doing.
Last weekend took a 9 year old boy for a ride he is in NY for brain surgury.
There are so many ways to have fun, ever day I go out for a glide it is a new fun adventure.
The Segway is so much more then transportation!

Bill

Stan671
05-31-2005, 05:56 PM
BE VERY CAREFUL with blindfolds or even closing your eyes while on a Segway. We tried this once and the rider tended to get into an oscillation that rapidly grew more pronounced and would lead to a crash very quickly. If you want to try this, please make sure you have someone spotting you with a hold on the handlebars.

You may not realize that your eyes are an integral part of the closed loop feedback system that helps the Segway stay still.

Stan Dobrowski

bystander
05-31-2005, 11:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jimmy Boy

@bystander:
Barrel Racing but instead of the horse and the rider, another segway? it sounds easy though but fun :)
"Barrels" on black keys, "Riders" on red!

KSagal
06-01-2005, 01:24 AM
I swear, I could win a race with the barrels we have here by falling off my seg. The barrels here just sit.

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.