PDA

View Full Version : Public Executive Board Meeting

Stan671
05-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Details were Emailed to all 3,130 Basic and Advanced members and are on the SEG America home page: www.segamerica.org

Stan Dobrowski

woodenapple
05-27-2005, 12:02 PM
I hope the meeting goes well, accomplishes a lot, and makes everyone feel included in the process. I will be on the road at the time and won't be able to participate.

By the way, the segamerica page is looking good; the foundation is being set; the regional fests are tangible accomplishments; and I believe the future looks bright!

Rodney

May all your days be Segway days!

wwhopper
05-27-2005, 12:31 PM
With more than 3000 people invited to participate - that should be quite a group glide - right there!

And not a cheap one either, the last time I set up a conference call I got a rate of .11 per min per person. Just wonder if the provider can handle the traffic!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Come out to the Mid-Atlantic Regional SEG America Event - SegwayFest - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

statmed
05-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Being that only advanced members will have priviliges like voting, etc..., why was this invite to made to all members?

It has been said that the majority of the 3,000 joined only to "win" a Segway.

Shouldn't participation in this also be limited to advanced members.

H.M. Stern
statmed@optonline.net
www.biker-glasses.com

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together (Hannibal Smith)

Itsi Atkins
05-27-2005, 01:00 PM
I was about to applaud the EB for setting up this meeting. I went to the proper thread for this, How to make SA strong, typed by positive reply and found it was locked. This is not a way to make SA strong by terminating any posting which may have some replies which the SegChat is not happy with. I do not want to start an attack, but I am sad that I could not continue on the thread with I felt it was the most important on the Chat and Stan agreed with me. I asked for my two other postings to be locked, but I did not ask for this one to be locked. This is a total disregard for the authorship and censorship (which is not my favorite topic)

Itsi Atkins
05-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Can I suggest, since this is going to be an important meeting for all, the following.
Would you please ask or inform each person that calls in that in order to publish the transcript of the Board Meeting, that they agree to have released their name and contact info. If they do not then it should be deleted from the typed transcript of this meeting. I think most will agree and it will be an important document to have. All the topics, text, all the names of the people who partiscipated. and their contact info.
One meeting a year should have full disclosure, and if you plan for it now, it should not be a privacy issue. If a small transcription fee is need to send it out, I am sure for the people who care, it would not be a problem. To have this happen and not release the entire text would be a missed landmark in Segway acceptance.
thanks

fredkap
05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
We will be using a service that is not a toll free call with the thought being that many individuals have fixed fee long distance as well as cell phones are often free at that hour at least on the east coast. Those that will have to pay, it should be say 5 cents a minute thus it should be a minimal fee to join in.

Hopefully, we can get a fast typist to transcribe on SegwayChat. Perhaps we can have two forums going in some fashion...one to ask questions and one to read what is occurring.

We will need to have some type of manners and order on the call...if everyone talks at once, nothing can be understood.

With regard to Howard's (statmed) question, we are hopeful that more people become advanced members.

I hope that we get a good and productive meeting!

Fred

Stan671
05-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Itsi, I had nothing to do with the locking of any topics. I don't know what that is about. We won't be publishing a transcript of the meeting. And we'll never release member information as long as the current Privacy Policy is in place. We will not be giving up the membership as fodder to spammers. We are working on tools on the web site similar to those here for members to contact other members through an indirect Email system. So, we don't see the point in publishing a membership directory.

Stan Dobrowski

KSagal
05-27-2005, 11:49 PM
How Many vote-able advanced members are there?

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

Stan671
05-29-2005, 01:15 AM
There are 252 Advanced members and 2881 Basic members in SEG America. This still includes the dozen or so unsubscribe replies I got and the 70 or so failed Email addresses as a result of the last Email that was sent to all members.

When we get notification that an Email address fails, we check the membership records to see when they signed up and if they have logged into the web site recently. If they signed up at the time of the contest last year and there has been no subsequent activity, then they are deleted. If thier join date is more recent or there has been a recent login, then they are moved off to another database so that we can send them a snail mail letter about thier membership.

Stan Dobrowski