PDA

View Full Version : I am on the front page of the Tallahassee paper

woodenapple
05-25-2005, 11:32 AM
The Tallahassee Democrat has a big front page story about Segways today. The new Segway dealership that just opened here in town was the impetus for doing a story, but they knew they had to have a picture of the guy everyone always sees gliding all over downtown - and that would be me. So there is a huge picture of me on my Segway on the front page, but that picture is not included with the online version of the article.

The article is actually pretty good, and the reporter didn't misinterperet too many things that the dealership owner and I told him. My favorite line in the article is at the end where the regulations for Florida are spelled out. quote:They can be ridden ... on a sidewalk, as long as you give pedestrians the right of way and honk when passing.Since I don't have a horn on my segway, I guess I better start making a honking sound like a goose whenever I pass someone! :)

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/11729722.htm

Rodney

May all your days be Segway days!

legpain
05-25-2005, 09:39 PM
I believe, in the early days of cars, you were to get out of your car and shoot your gun in the air three times when coming to an intersection so the horses would not be frightend. So honk away, or shoot!

soloseg
05-26-2005, 01:43 AM
Well heck if you had bought the Q scooter, you would have got the horn. Now the Q won't balance, but you do get the horn.