PDA

View Full Version : I80 Lion batteries N/A??

sclancy
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
went to my local dealer, placed an order for a new I80 and was told that they will ship with NiMH batteries and that seg will ship the Lions when they become available....apparently a problem with their supplier....Can anyone confirm??

fredkap
05-24-2005, 11:58 PM
I180's are being sold in both flavors with and without Lithium Ions. The NiMH models are $500 less. Find out how long you will have to wait for the Li Ions and pay the extra $500.

Fred

austin@SOH
05-25-2005, 08:59 AM
I have two LiIons sitting on my showroom floor right now and have another one coming. NiMH segs seem to be readily available and the Li-Ions have just a little wait for them at this point from what we have gathered.

Austin Colby
Segway of Hagerstown

Dragan
05-25-2005, 09:46 AM
This is an optional way for dealers to get the new machines into your hands quickly without your having to wait for lithium production to catch up to the demand. I can only speack for our store, but you folks surprised us; we weren't expecting to see as many of you walk through the doors looking for a new, lithium powered machine!

Don't get me wrong, we're very happy you did, and continue to, so it sounds like your dealer is doing the same thing that we are for a number of our customers; letting them enjoy the glide on NiMH for a short while, then really going for the gusto on the new lithiums!

We have lithium machines in our store as well, and more coming, but some of our orders are coming with NiMH batteries as well
Wayne

Segway of Alberta - Calgary
www.mysegway.ca

yosgof
05-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I’ve been told by Segway Israel that they had to “work hard” to secure an LiIon I180 for me.

Apparently only 1,000 LiIon are being shipped a month since this is the current production capacity

- Yossi
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/3365119-lg.jpg