PDA

View Full Version : Segway of Long Beach

Nightline
05-19-2005, 11:39 PM
I met with the owner of Segway of Long Beach yesterday. Their grand opening is Friday (5/20) at noon at the Pike at Rainbow Harbor. It is right across from Gameworks and next to ColdStone.

27 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802

If you are in the area, come check it out. Brand new store, very cool owner!

Looking forward to gliding with them for a while until I make my purchase. The place is literally across the street from me!!

http://www.segwaylb.com

I love riding the HT!

legpain
05-20-2005, 10:29 PM
How come this is the FIRST we've heard of this?? Or did I miss something somewhere?? Will they be open Saturday? Really, GRAND OPENING? Is the owner a member of Segway Chat? Who?

John

Nightline
05-21-2005, 11:09 PM
The owner is a very nice guy by the name of Barry Fulton. Not sure if he is a member of the forums, but I will mention it to him. I have already rented twice in the two days they have been open.

Planning on talking to him tomorrow about ordering a red I80.

I love riding the HT!

legpain
05-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Stopped in at Segway Long Beach today and they have a really cool store! It's pretty good size, they get folks out for a walk from the Convention Center and A LOT OF STORES in the area. Their tour is around the Long Beach Convention Center, Queen Mary, and down to the waters edge. Barry, the owner, says it takes an hour and forty-five minutes to complete with rest stops and photo ops.

They're REALLY close to home so that's where I'll be buying my NEW LION batteries. Sorry Segway of Orange!!!

WHEN, WHEN, WHEN!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to go there they're on Ocean(East/West) and Pine(NS). Once on Pine, turn west at first road and as you go under bridge/walkway? you're there on the right!

John

Nightline
05-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Yep, it is a great store. Just picked up my new red I80 about 35 minutes ago from them!!

I love riding my Red I80