PDA

View Full Version : Segfest 05: A Tale of Woe!

legpain
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
Stating up front, we had a GREAT time. Being with other Segway users was a life changing experience. We had two issues that really turned us off, one was a Deli that would not allow Segways in, even though I’m handicapped with stickers on my fenders. The guy would not budge. I know he is one of those that don’t understand the Segway as most of them can’t get the name right. He kept calling it Shegway. Unfortunately for me, I didn’t have my DRAFT paperwork with me, bummer. I’m not going to follow up with this unless there is a Segfest 06 next year near the same place.

Number two was in the hotel around one in the morning. We had a group of young people that were having a party next to our room. You got it! They had to have LOUD conversations right next to our door; we were in a vestibule, corner room. They kept coming in and out with the door clacking and clacking and clacking VERY LOUDLY. My wife couldn’t take it and called security, got them to come up and the noise stopped for about 45 minutes and then started up again. At this point, I got up, got dressed went out, said a few choice words, beat on their door and had quite! My wife was on the phone getting security back up. We waited until they got there, told them what’s been going on, they got the kids to open the door. Before the door closed, I heard security start in with "Who is serving alcohol? Who is the oldest? Ok, lets see some ID." THEY WERE KICKED OUT OF THE HOTEL! We had quiet! The hotel gave us back one night’s fee. YEAH!!

As a side note, there was some kind of emergency on the 25th floor at around the same time, anyone know about it?

The Knight’s, we cannot say enough about them! They did such a GREAT job with this Fest! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! SUPER JOB!

Thank you too, to Segway and all the staff. They were just great! Chris did a super job at upgrading everyone’s Seg and upgraded ALL my keys. Yes, he programmed my black, yellow, extra red to have the “no shut down” program. Chris also did a great job in the maintenance segment, really enjoyed that.

Segway donated A LOT OF STUFF! We made out like bandits. The after dinner drawing was very good to us. My wife’s ticket won a Segway Baseball cap and a quick release bolt; my ticket won a 12.0 bag, 2 Baseball caps, t-shirt and another quick release bolt. I think there were 5-6 bags given out, many baseball caps and other great stuff. Along with the insulated coffee cup, I’m going to start drinking coffee again!, Great Segway ink pens. May be not much but they ALL say Segway on them!

I guess I’ll stop now. :)

John

KSagal
05-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Great Report. Thanks

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.