PDA

View Full Version : Segfest... Wow & ow!

cmonkey
05-16-2005, 03:49 AM
Just had to sign on and say WOW!
Segfest in Sacramento was an absolute blast.

OW! Got rear-ended on the way home, could barely get my seg out of the trunk.

Doing ok...but too tired.... must... get .... sleep!

I've got over 200 Pictures and clips to go through (900+mb)... If anyone wants a CD, let me know. Got to weed out the shots of my lens cap first ;)

David Sie

I love my magic carpet!

pam
05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
Oh David, so sorry to hear about the rear-ending! Glad you and the HT were not hurt.
Pam

fredkap
05-16-2005, 12:52 PM
David, I echo Pam's thoughts. I would love a CD of your pictures.

The weekend was outstanding! Glides, glides and glides, Seg Polo, Doug Field's exceptional speech, a great Q&A by Doug, Ron Reich and Jeremy Lund, Chris Crimmons showed all repairs possible that don't void our warrantees as well as worked with Linda Brennan to update all machines to 14.0. EVERYONE was able to ride the Centaur!!! The most amazing machine that I have ever ridden! The demos are exhausting for the LLC staff. Carla Valone, Joe Hice and John Grohol from LLC were also busy making this a great event. Biggest thanks go to the Knight family that spent countless hours making this a sucess as well as Joanne and Stan of the SegAmerica Board. Additionally, the dealers from Sacramento, Oakland and Orange County brought all sorts of items that were great.

SegPolo IS an aerobic sport. Alex Ko and the entire Bay Area Seg group are exceptional and have refined the sport so that the ball is safe and the mallets can really whack it quite a distance.

Near the end of the Saturday night glide we went past the Hyatt where a High school Prom was being held. Demos were given that included the principal who mastered the Seg quite quickly. He led a congo line of a few Segs through the party room with our Segs dancing to the tunes.

A lot of friendships were renewed and were made. Just seven weeks until Manchester. If you are coming book early.

Fred

4Segway
05-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Echo, echo Pam's reply that we are all glad you were not hurt David.

I want to add all our thanks to everyone that made this past weekend happen. The SegAmerica Board - Stan, Joanne, Chris, Fred, Alex - it would not have happened without you guys.
Thanks to Jeffrey Spencer from the DOT on his talk and for leading the night glide on Saturday.
A huge thanks to all at Segway LLC. Wow, is all I can say. The hard work in planning, PR, speaking, giving demos, upgrading, making keys etc. Shipping out everything and providing the prizes - what can we say but a huge thank you! The topping on the cake was the signed picture that was given to both Alex and us by Segway LLC for helping to organize the event. It is something that will be treasured.

I also want to add a thank you to Steve Wagner who gave us all our first ride - and got us all hooked! And to all of the Segway community that gave their support to Chris (Neelix) when the Knight family was going through some rough spots.

I know I missed someone, so let me just say thank you to everyone!

Now we are looking forward to Manchester - see you all there!

The Knights

Laura

jlspencer
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
David -

Sorry to hear about your accicent. Hope your Se and prizes made it home ok.

I would love a copy of the CD.

Thanks,

Jeff

slide4less
05-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I would love a cd I want to put up pixs at segway of oakland thanks steve steinberg 510 414-8429

slide4less

teekay
05-16-2005, 08:38 PM
David, Bummer dude!

What color Mini Cooper are you going to get?

:) Tim

cmonkey
05-16-2005, 09:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by teekay

David, Bummer dude!

What color Mini Cooper are you going to get?

:) Tim

If/when I have the funds availalbe (after wife's jeep is paid off).... I would love to get one in midnight blue/black with a white roof.... have custom scalloped style wheels made and put a segway logo on the roof. I'm thinking the ultimate bit of silliness would be to create a custom backlit display that looks like the segway battery meter, and set it up for the gas guage. Will have to part with my rebuilt/redesigned 320i first.

Dave

I love my magic carpet!

cmonkey
05-16-2005, 10:10 PM
Ahh. Finally some sleep! Again WOW! After hearing about all the grumbling about the politics of segfest, I had some concerns about going to Sacramento. Boy, am I glad I did go. I'm so bad with names, so I just have to say thanks to anyone and everyone involved. It was a top notch event. I only wish I had the glide maps sooner so I could program my GPS... (In case I take off, I can catch up later)....

Doug's speech gave me a real reminder of what R&D is all about. I read all the threads about how segway should do this, and segway should do that.... and I'm sure they listen to us, but the prospect of taking a wrong turn development-wise is very real, and in the fast paced business world of today, it's quite often fatal. My compliments to Doug and his team. And thanks for bringing out the Centaur! If you get the chance to ride one, your brain will start spinning trying to think of ways to use it!

All the glides/tours were funtastic. Getting to hear from a DOT representative and finding out how hard the red tape is to cut, (even internally), was a real eye opener. Riding the Centaur was great, and the RMP demo was pretty neat, I really had to restrain myself from jumping on it.

Winning the agility game was fun. Winning the light came in real handy for the night glide, but darn those HID Arc lights are still on the list, (but moved to second after the Lion batteries.)

The polo match on Sunday was incredible. That is one strenuous game. I played one chukka, and my legs and arms were shaking when I was done. It usually takes an hour on the stair master to build up that much lactic acid!

After the games, there were demos being given, and I managed to time my battery just right. I rode to the parking garage, and my seg dumped me while I was in the elevator. [had to push it to the car, but no one saw me ;) ]

Again thanks for all the fun.

I have an idea to help get more exposure, but I'll post elsewhere. (Segway Exposure thread...)

David Sie

ps... still trimimg the pics and vids.... Please send me an email with your mailing address and I'll send you as much as will fit (good, and bad), the unrecognizable are going byebye.

I love my magic carpet!

jlspencer
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
David,

My email is wide open for any size! jeffrey.spencer@dot.ca.gov

Jeff

JohnG
05-17-2005, 11:11 PM
Register on this site and you can post photos of any size there:

http://www.segwayfest.com/gallery/

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.