PDA

View Full Version : Local zoning districts/ordinances

Markiss
05-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Hello all. Don't remember if I ever posted or not, but have been around for a while reading/learning/enjoying the site. Certainly interesting to "get to know" you through your posts. Many different personalities out there. Reminds us of what makes the world go 'round.
I've been trying to put together a business plan to open a Guided Tour biz here and in researching local ordinance/zoning, etc. went to the Town Hall to see if there would be any major roadblock to opening the business. They indicated it would not be approved. I have run into a bit of a snag in that the local ordinance does not specifically prohibit the Guided Tour business, but it also doesn't specifically allow it, or anything like it and I am being told that that makes it unlikely they will approve the use and issue the permit.
I was curious if any of you that have run into dificulty while setting up your Guided Tour business with the local zoning ordinances. [u]Specifically</u>, I'm wondering what zoning classification is your business operating in? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks for the help.
Mark

Billy Kirkland
05-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Mark it took over one year from the first letter that I sent to city for my tours. I had a lot of people who said it would never happen well yesterday the planning Commission voted four to two in favor of the tours. If you will call some time I would be happy to talk about how I made it happen. I have been in the rental business for over 25 years and would be happy to share some ideas with you

Billy Kirkland
Segway of Sanibel 1-239-472-3620
Billy’s Rentals 1-239-472-5248