PDA

View Full Version : One week to great fun at SegwayFest Sacramento!

SegwayUtah
05-06-2005, 11:54 PM
For all you west-coast Segway enthusiasts, there's only one week left to book your hotel rooms and register for SegwayFest Sacramento.

The event will be filled with hanging out with fellow Segway riders, watching presentations on exciting new transportation studies, and chatting and listening to some of Segway's finest as they showcase the new product models and demonstrate the RMP. You'll be able to see the incredible Centaur in real life, and maybe even ride it!

Registration for the event is only $50 for Segway owners (or SEG America paying members). Add $30 for dinner and you get to hear a keynote by Segway's VP of Engineering, Doug Field. That will be awesome.

There are hotels ranging from about $60 a night to about $120 a night.

So if you're on the west coast, and you haven't had a chance to sign up yet, do so now.

Here you go:
http://www.segamerica.org/members/signup.php

And here is more info on the event. Please note that more things are going on than even listed here--the schedule just keeps getting better and better:
http://www.segamerica.org/2005/04/13/seg-america-segwayfest-2005-sacramento-ca

This is going to rock.

Chris

Florida Ever-Glides
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Can a current count of registered individuals be released?

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

fredkap
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Tom,

This will be the smallest of the three Fests that SegAmerica is holding. At the moment, I believe that we have 47 registered. We haven't placed a deadline for registering, though we need to turn in a solid banquet dinner count on Wednesday so those that want to join us for dinner, the clock is ticking. This fest will have the largest percentage of attendees riding the Centaur of all three fests. Doug Field will be giving the keynote speech. We will be having hands on service and maintenance sessions of the HT. I get the impression that we will fully take machines apart and put them back together. Thus we will be doing things that could only be done with a more intimate group. And lots of group glides!!!

Fred

wwhopper
05-09-2005, 10:03 PM
That is a great number - I hope it tops 50. I think that I recall in the early fesT planning stages the hope was for at least 30!

Good going SA Regional SegwayfesT Sacremento Organizers!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Mid-Atlantic Regional Segway Enthusiast's Event - SegwayfesT - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

Florida Ever-Glides
05-10-2005, 12:07 AM
If 50+ attend it should by a great success. I wish the planners the best of luck. I wish I could make it, but that is not possible at this time. Growth challenges are taking up much of my time now.

I know that SegAmerica has a lot of important hats to wear at this time, and they are doing their best...

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

Mr. Protocol
05-10-2005, 03:08 AM
I'll be arriving Thursday evening, because I'm staying with an old friend who lives in the area. So, what time do folks think I should show up at the Sheraton Grand Hotel for registration and the optional stuff on Friday? Since I'm not staying at the hotel, I won't just be hanging around there anyway (figured I'd take in Old Sacramento during the day, perhaps).

I'm really looking forward to this.

fredkap
05-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Meet up with the group for an "on your own" dinner Friday night which will be followed by an evening glide and a meet and greet party with ice cream etc. Registration will be open at 3PM or earlier, so I would suggest stopping by at 5 or 6PM.

Fred

Mr_Laurenzano
05-10-2005, 11:01 AM
I cant wait to see all of you in Sac. See ya there.

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

X-man
05-10-2005, 12:00 PM
If I were really, really dedicated I would be there but 1500 miles is a long drive just to glide. As I had said previously, I wanted to make this meet as a part of a long trek to visit many places. 15 feet of snow in the Tioga pass as of today is a damper on the trip to say the list.
I'll be up your way some time later this summer, Chris, but this weekend I'm starting a trip to Moab and then eventually head down to Kayenta, AZ and circle back home. That's only a trip of around 600 miles in a loop and I'll get to see the North part of Zion NP, Goblin Valley SP, the San Rafeal Swell, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, Dead Horse Point SP, Monument Valley. Lake Powell, etc. Zion and Bryce will come later as it starts to warm up.
This will take a while and it's a lesser substitute than the one I had planned for Sacramento but at least it will be snow free - at least on the roads. I can still see some on Pine Valley Mountain.
I hope you guys will have a great time and I will be there in spirit. Maybe in the future they could be later in the year but that's my selfish viewpoint showing through.
Again - have a ball in Sacramento.

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.

JohnG
05-10-2005, 04:20 PM
All of the folks from Segway who're going to this are definitely looking forward to this one-day event!! Because of its smaller nature, I think folks will find they will have a lot more opportunities for one-on-one time with employees and a lot less of the hustle and bustle of a larger event. I think you'll all enjoy Doug Field's keynote as well.

I have to give a shout out and big kudos for the Knight's for organizing this event, and bringing it all together!! We're going to have a great time there because of them and their planning.

See you all in a few days!

John

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

bbrruuccee
05-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Um, we're 72 hours away, and there's still not a definite schedule of times and locations of activities anywhere?

When does this thing start on Saturday? I'm debating coming in directly from SF that morning instead of staying over the prior night, but wondering how early I need to be there...
Thanks and see y'all there,
Bruce
P.S. Where do we sign up for Centaur...I'm pre-registered for the convention, but not that in particular?

SegwayUtah
05-12-2005, 12:00 AM
Bruce,

I'm pretty sure the event starts at 8:30 in the morning (and there are group glides starting at 7:00 if you'd like to come along for the, er, ride).

Additionally, there are a few things going on the night before for those who come early (including some free treats and good company).

Chris

JohnG
05-12-2005, 07:56 AM
For those who are arriving Friday, registration will be open from 2:30pm until 6:00pm. At 7:00pm we will lead you on a night glide that will take you down to the river and over the Tower Bridge. Ending back at the hotel you will be able to catch up with friends and enjoy an old fashion ice cream social - brought to you by Segway of Sacramento. The vendor area will also be open from 8:30pm to 10:00pm.

We have a full day planned for Saturday. If you are coming in on Saturday, you will want to make sure you arrive early. Registration opens at 7:00am and opening remarks are at 8:30am but for those really early birds there is a 7:00am glide to view some of the unique architecture of 8 Churches near the hotel. A full day of activities is planned - keep those batteries charged!

The Centaur - a chance to see it in action! A few lucky participants will be awarded a demo on the Centaur. In order to be included in this drawing you must have your ticket - one given to every interested participant upon registration - in the bowl by the close of the "EasyConnect" presentation.

John

(This is from the email registrants got late last night.)

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

wwhopper
05-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Wish I could be there, but we are watching this event closely - so that SA's Regional Event - SegwayfesT DC in September can follow suit with great glides and programs.

Keep up the Good work SegwayfesT Sacremento Orgnaizers!

Will W Hopper
DCSEG Member
Mid-Atlantic Regional Segway Enthusiast's Event - SegwayfesT - DC Sept 23-25 in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!