PDA

View Full Version : My First Rental Experience!

Nightline
05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone, newcomer here, and first time renter as of today. Been wanting to try out the HT for quite a while. I live in Long Beach California and there will be a Segway of Long Beach opening up very soon. The good thing is, it is right across the street from me, and I am sure I will be making plenty of visits. Not sure just yet if I want to put down $5k for one, but a few more rentals will surely change my mind. :)

I rented today from Segway of Los Angeles, actually in Santa Monica and was very pleased with the staff and the entire experience. As I am sure all are at the begining, I was nervous about going down the hill to the beach area to ride, but soon found out that the HT could handle it no problem.

I am really looking forward to riding again. I am working on getting a few buddies from work to take a trip up to Santa Barbara and try Segway of Santa Barbara for a couple of hours.

Take Care.

fathertime
05-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Welcome Nightline!
We all know that first time experience can be a heady one. Owning your own machine is even better! Welcome to the wonderful world of Seg![^]:D;):)[:P][:O]

JR

Mr. Protocol
05-03-2005, 04:28 AM
I know I would have been much more wary of plunking down $5K for an i180 had I not rented from Segway LA on a number of occasions, and found out just what the machine can and can't do for me. I found that I live in prime gliding territory (Venice Beach). If I lived in my girlfriend's neighborhood, where half the streets don't even have sidewalks and all the pavement is busted to heck, I don't know I'd be as wild about owning one.

Rent first, and glide where you live. Best way to make a decision.