PDA

View Full Version : Seg Chicago Glide!

fathertime
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Friends we will be meeting at Segway of Chicago located at 515 S. LaGrange Rd. in LaGrange, Illinois, on LaGrange Rd. just south of 47th St. (708) 352-1685 on Sunday May 15, 2005 for a look at the new XT, GT, and i180 models with a group glide through Bemis Woods and a barbecue. We will kick off at 2pm with demos on the XT and then head over to the woods for a glide around 4pm. with a barbecue to follow.
All are welcome! We are using this first Spring Seg Chicago meeting to get out and glide with friends and hear about what you did during the winter. Please feel free to come out, rub elbows and ride the new XT. You will be glad you did! [^]:D[/:)]:);)[:P]

JR

fathertime
05-10-2005, 08:23 AM
For those of you attending the Seg Chicago Glide this Sunday, please drop us an email so we can get a head count. See you on Sunday![^]:D:)[:P];)[:O]

JR

scoghill
05-11-2005, 10:15 PM
Jim,

Tell me the i180 I ordered is gonna be there and you are going to SURPRISE me!!! :-)

Skip

fathertime
05-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Skip,
If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise would it?[:O]

JR

Brooster
05-14-2005, 12:17 AM
The Brooster will be present and/or accounted for (lurking around some corner, hiding from the XT). Looking forward to seeing all the "usual suspects" (minus our buddy the X-man, because he's moved to Utah) and hopefully a few new faces!

Jim and Chandra always put on a First-Class gathering no matter the size, and I'm sure this will be no exception.

See you on Sunday, with my "antique" HT!

Brooster

X-man
05-14-2005, 12:41 AM
I'll be there in spirit.
Look for the 'ghost' machine with the blue fenders trimmed with the fake chrome. It'll be lurking somewhere just out of sight.
Have fun you guys.

Bob.

Where goeth I, goeth my Segway.

Itsi Atkins
05-14-2005, 01:19 AM
Best of luck with your event, I wish I could attend. My Chicago glides during SegFest 1 are great memories of your City and a good time.

Brooster
05-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks Bob and Itsi.

Looks like it'll be a nice Seg day! If anyone is a Seg owner in the area or just curious about Segways, please stop out and say hello!

Brooster

Brooster
05-15-2005, 10:40 PM
We had a great gathering this afternoon. On the small side (Fathertime, Ladytime, Rrschnell, Scoghill, a few other people and myself), but still very enjoyable.

We all met at Segway of Chicago in LaGrange and then went over to the local forest preserve with 8 or 10 Segs in cars, and were basically prohibited from entering the trails by the forest preserve police who just happened to be there. They were nice about it and everything, but the bottom line is that we had to load the Segs back into the cars and head back to the shop. I even pulled out my Illinois EPAMD law (literally the first time I've ever had to pull it out of the bag), but they still weren't going to be persuaded into letting us glide on the trails. Oh well, another challenge we'll have to address at some point down the road.

Store manager Tom led a few of us on a very enjoyable glide around the historic neighborhoods of LaGrange (we saw some beautiful Victorian-era homes), and we arrived back to a wonderful bratwurst and hamburger cookout with all the trimmings.

And yes, we all got to try the XT ... what a beast! It was fun, I'll admit that.

Many thanks to Jim, Chandra and Tom for another memorable SEG Chicago gathering!

Brooster