PDA

View Full Version : SegwayPolo at SegwayFest Sacramento

Stan671
04-21-2005, 09:33 PM
Alex Ko (Sleepy), the organizer for SegwayPolo at the SegwayFest in Sacramento has confirmed that he was able to secure the permit to play SegwayPolo at Muir Park. This park is a little less than 1 mile from the Sheraton. The SegwayPolo games will take place on Sunday.

He has enough equipment to support two games going on at the same time. His experienced players will play a demo game to show us all how it is done. Then others may give the game a try. There will be a sign-up sheet at the registration desk at SegwayFest for people to organize into teams and get time on the playing field.

Everyone is encouraged to download and read the SegwayPolo instructions and rules guide from the BayAreaSEG web site: www.bayareaseg.com/Polo.htm

Stan Dobrowski

SegwayUtah
04-22-2005, 03:26 AM
Hey, that's really really cool!

An actual practice match--this should be fun!

Chris

JIMBO
04-22-2005, 01:41 PM
4 of us will be there from Segway Orange County, along with several customers who may also be interested in playing. Has a time been set? I hope for earlier rather than later in the day, since we'll be driving back to O.C. on Sunday.

Jim Headley
Segway Orange County
~ STEP UP ! ~

Stan671
04-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Jim, it sounds to me like the 4 of you from Orange County just challenged the Bay Area folks to a North vs South game of SegwayPolo. <grin>

I think the time for SegwayPolo was going to be about 11 am.

Stan Dobrowski

Sleepy
04-22-2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Jim,
We'd like to get a 1-chukka exhibition match between Bay Area SEG vs. SEG OC if you're up for the challenge :)

We're planning on leading a group over to the park around 10:30am on Sunday. Polo will start at 11am and go until around 1pm. After the demo, we'll open up the fields to attendees to try out the game.

-Alex