PDA

View Full Version : Dealers Only Category

austin@SOH
04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Maybe there could be a dealers only forum category? It might make discussion on sensitive issues a little easier and also we have been working on a few new ideas to help all dealers...

Austin Colby
Segway of Hagerstown

pam
04-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Austin, that's an excellent idea. I don't know what Frank's thoughts would be on this (and he's the ultimate decision maker), but I know it would take some work behind the scenes to identify only the dealers and allow them access.
Pam

austin@SOH
04-21-2005, 04:50 PM
I am not to sure how this BBS works but I know it is possible, especially since there is a SEG America section on here that restricts access. Guess we will just wait and see what the big man says.

wwhopper
04-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Many of us have yahoo groups set up for our own group areas - very simple to set up - and easy to monitor and moderate! Also out of the realm of anyone else in the community who could easedrop!

Though this group could probably hack into almost anything!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
DCSEG Member
Mid-Atlantic Regional Segway Enthusiast's Event this Fall in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!

austin@SOH
04-21-2005, 11:56 PM
I am not too sure what the reaction would be if I would redirect dealers to a different forum. I know in some places, it is not respected. If this would be alright with the admin, let me know and I will create a group.

Austin Colby
Segway of Hagerstown

Segway City
04-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Why wouldn't Segway.com be the proper venue for such an area? To be exclusionary due to membership requirements that could be met by any participant simply by their act of joining a club is one thing, but to be exclusionary due to membership requirements that no participants can meet other than investment into and approved by Segway LLC directive seems divisive in an otherwise very inclusive public forum. Beyond that, proprietary information discussed in such a "private" forum would still be viewable to non-dealer moderators, and subject to public exposure as a result. Seems like Mr. Grohol would be the to create that forum. Just my 2 cents.....

austin@SOH
04-22-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't know if I would want it on the dealer extranet though. We just need a place for Dealers and only dealers. But that is just my opinion. Any other suggestions?

Austin Colby
Segway of Hagerstown

Stan671
04-22-2005, 01:11 PM
SEG America is going to be offering mailing lists and forum tools for use by the local SEG groups as per Alex Ko's suggestion. Perhaps the dealers would like to use some of these tools also - sort of like a Dealer SEG.

Unfortunatly, we won't have anything ready for a little while since we are heavily into preparing for SegwayFest Sacramento and upcoming elections.

Maybe you can do as some of the local SEG's are doing with Yahoo groups, etc. in the mean time until SEG America has a permanent home for you.

Stan Dobrowski

pam
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
OK, I think we have a way set up to establish a separate dealers-only forum. I will need to have the screen names of the dealers to add. Dealers can email me from my profile email, and probably should include the screen name and the name of the company.

The only problem I forsee is that it really should only be limited to dealers - so how can I be sure that someone really IS a dealer = some of you all I know, like the Burkes, and Scott, and AJ, and Dragon, and Austin - but potentially there are a number I wouldn't know. Any suggestion on how to be sure we don't have anyone in that isn't a dealer?? Ideas on that can be emailed me offlist, too.
Thanks,
Pam