PDA

View Full Version : SegwayFest Will there be? (The revenge)

macgeek
04-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Batteries (LION) for sale?
new accessories
tee shirts / gear?
spinners??
upgrades?
Jonathan
(no he's not for sale!)

"Think outside the car"

Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

JohnG
04-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Hmmm, maybe you should check out the "Tentative schedule for SegwayFest Sacramento" two threads down. It at least answers your lithium-ion question and upgrade questions... :)

John

--
All views expressed here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer or others. Check out http://grohol.com/.

macgeek
04-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Well here is what was posted (for you people who were not going to the CA fest (like me!)

quote:All of the new models and colors will be at Sacramento event (3 colors of the i180, the XT and the GT). Dealers will also be there ready to sell these models. While supply will be a little constrained as we ramp up production, you can bet we're building them as fast as we're getting the parts in!! Dealers are starting to get the new models in this week, starting with the XT, then with various colors of the i180.

There is no "discount" offered on lithium-ion batteries if you get the free upgrade to 14.0 at any of the SegwayFests. We are, however, looking into providing non-transferable discount coupons to SegwayFest participants for the later purchase of accessory lithium-ion batteries. We still expect the lithium-ion batteries to be available as an accessory for purchase sometime this summer (sorry, I don't any more specific date than that at the moment).
John
Thanks for the info john

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"

Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

macgeek
04-12-2005, 10:41 AM
P:S: the East Coast Segfests DO Qualify as "summer" events HINT!

Jonathan

"Think outside the car"

Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

Stan671
04-12-2005, 02:36 PM
SEG America and Segway LLC tried to arrange to bring a limited number of LiIon batteries to the Sacramento event to sell, but it just could not be done. This is why we are working on the coupon angle instead.

Software upgrades to 14.0 will be available at Sacramento. This will be good for someone planning to purchase the new batteries later because it will put them ahead of the game where they won't need go to the dealer for the upgrade.

Segway of Oakland will be a vendor at Sacramento and they will be bringing thier full catalog of custom accessories for the Segway HT. They will also be selling duplicate keys and modified keys.

Stan Dobrowski