PDA

View Full Version : SegwayFest Registration?

Florida Ever-Glides
04-04-2005, 11:47 PM
With the 1st fest just around the corner, where does someone register? Will there be advance sign-up for programs?

I'll bet that I'm not the only one wondering with the 'event' only a few weeks away. Please inform us ASAP...

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

driley
04-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Are you considering going to Sacramento then?

Devin

Florida Ever-Glides
04-05-2005, 08:23 AM
I don't know yet. There is not enough information available to make the decision...

Tom Jacobson
http://www.floridaever-glides.com

Stan671
04-05-2005, 11:44 AM
The [u]SEG America SegwayFest - Sacramento, CA</u> event registration prices have been finalized.

The registration price is $65 for the full day of activities and seminars on Saturday (May 14th) and most of the extra activities on Friday and Sunday. There is an optional Saturday evening dinner that will be an extra $30 for people registered for the full event or $45 for family members/friends of registered attendees that are not attending the rest of the events. Everyone who registers for the full event or just for the dinner is invited to attend the keynote address afterwards.

Right now, all SEG America members are at the Basic Membership level. For $15 per year dues, a member can upgrade to the Advanced Membership level. SEG America members with the Advanced level of membership will receive a $15 discount off of the registration fee for this SegwayFest. There are no discounts available for the dinner.

Through a special promotion with Segway LLC, Segway LLC will gift the first year's dues ($15) to certain Segway HT owners who upgrade to the Advanced Membership level. For Segway HT owners who purchased prior to 4/1/2005, the first 500 that apply for the membership upgrade before 10/1/2005 will be eligible. All Segway HT owners who purchased on or after 4/1/2005 are eligible. Proof of purchase will be required. This promotion is not available to non-owners.

There may be additional activities on Friday and/or Sunday that may incur an extra fee, but these have not been finalized yet.

We hope to have the Advanced Membership level registrations available on the SEG America web site any day now. And we will also have a web page for the Sacramento SegwayFest registrations. And for those not wishing to register online, we will have a form that can be downloaded and mailed or faxed.

Stanley Dobrowski, President
SEG America, Inc.
www.segamerica.org

Stan671
04-05-2005, 11:53 AM
To summarize for Sacramento SegwayFest:

[u]Registration fee</u>

$65 Non-members
$50 SEG America Advanced members

[u]Saturday dinner</u>

$30 With full registration
$45 Dinner only

[u]SEG America first year's Advanced Membership Dues</u>

$0 Segway HT owners (through Segway LLC promotion)
$15 Non-owners

Stan Dobrowski

Stan671
04-05-2005, 12:04 PM
To simplify for Sacramento SegwayFest:

$95 Non-owners, Advanced membership, full event and dinner

$80 Segway HT owners, Advanced Membership, full event and dinner

$65 Non-owners, Advanced Membership, full event, NO dinner

$50 Segway HT owners, Advanced Membership, full event, NO dinner

$45 Dinner only

$15 non-owners, Advanced membership Only, NO SegwayFest

$0 Segway HT Owners, Advanced Membership Only, NO SegwayFest

Stan Dobrowski

Sleepy
04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
What qualifies as proof of purchase?
...what about owners who bought used Segways that were originally purchased prior to 4/1/05? Does the discount only apply to the original purchaser? or is it transferrable?
I'm not trying to be difficult-- there are several used Segs in our local group.

-Alex

Stan671
04-05-2005, 05:24 PM
Not a problem, Alex. And you are not being difficult. They are valid questions.

We are very flexible on the proof of purchase. We are more interested in helping you prove your ownership than to disprove it - if you know what I mean.

As for used Segways, only one promotional membership can be gifted per machine. I would assume that since we are starting this campaign today, that there are no machines out there that were purchased used that have already been used to qualify someone for the promotion. Therefore, just prove you own a Segway HT and you are eligible for the promotion. Unless you are not in the first 500 that apply.

Stan Dobrowski