PDA

View Full Version : "Segway-on-Steroids" Concept Vehicle

woodenapple
03-25-2005, 12:19 PM
http://news.com.com/2061-10801_3-5632044.html?tag=nl
quote:...The carmaker is displaying the Segway-on-steroids looking I-Unit concept at the New York International Auto Show.

The single-seat I-Unit, which rolls on four wheels, pulls itself upright for motoring slowly around on sidewalks or shopping at a grocery store, a company spokeswoman said.

But it can also fold down into a prone position and accelerate to highway speeds of about 60 mph, she said.
Check out the picture and full article at the link. I'll bet there are some people who might actually accept this vehicle in grocery stores easier than they accept segways in a grocery store - just because it "looks" more stable to them. Never mind that it is probably too big to fit down the aisles or even through the door to get in!

Rodney

May all your days be Segway days!

Sal
03-25-2005, 12:35 PM
... not to mention it's ugly... BUt when they mention it pulls itself up, don't they mean that it only makes the rider vertical? I don't think the reporter had any idea when making comparisons to the Segway.

... just my opinion.

-Sal

Think Different
www.apple.com

solarseg
03-25-2005, 02:56 PM
Sorry that is street legal only. It takes up room atleast of four people. A glorified wheel chair that does 60 mph. Where is the windshield?

KSagal
03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Since there are no spinners on the wheels, it will never make it commercially. Let's not worry about it...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

citivolus
03-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I like it! Come on folks, it's a concept. Although there is just one minor modification I'd like to make. Adjust is so a Segway docks right in the front and the controls integrate right in. Then you can go rolling down the highway a fair distance, pull into a really tiny parking space as the i-unit (gotta work on that) contracts into half it's open road length, open the forward door/windscreen and glide out onto the sidewalk.

--
swiftly flying

SegwayBill
03-27-2005, 09:59 AM
Four wheels!

Bill