PDA

View Full Version : Dates for all three Segfests...

KSagal
03-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Have dates been set for all three segfests?

I have seen info on California, but what about New Hampshire and Washington DC.

I ask because I need to make plans and have to plan ahead...

Karl Ian Sagal

Each road you travel should be just a bit better for having had you pass.

SegwayUtah
03-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Karl--I'm sure Stan or the local organizers of those two events will pitch in. But in the meantime, I understand that the dates for the DC SEG should be coming out any time now, and the NH SEG dates are not far behind.

I believe that the big issue is making sure that the hotel/venue contract is signed before dates are released, so that people don't schedule out time and then the event has to be moved, etc.

I'm pretty excited for the Sacramento event coming up in May. And the other ones too, but May--that's so close.

You'll also want to make sure you make your hotel reservations at the Sheraton in Sacramento. I'm not sure if our reserved rooms are filled yet or not, but I guarantee they're going to go fast (although we can hopefully secure more for the same price).

Chris

Stan671
03-16-2005, 08:54 AM
SEG America cannot announce the dates for Manchester, NH or Washington, DC until they are locked in. The dates are very close to being locked in, though. Don't worry, you guys will be the first to know.

I can say that we are looking at mid July for Manchester and late September for DC.

Stan Dobrowski

lwillis
03-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Any additional information on dates for the NH or DC Segfests?

Les Willis
Looking for a glide

Stan671
03-30-2005, 01:58 PM
We are zeroing in on July 8-10 for Manchester, NH and Sept 23-25 for Washington, DC. Of course, nothing is certain until we have signed the contracts with these two hotels and we have not yet.

Stan Dobrowski

Stan671
03-31-2005, 09:49 PM
The SEG America Executive Board approved both contracts at thier weekly meeting last night. So, we are signing the contracts now and confirming the dates.

Stan Dobrowski

wwhopper
04-02-2005, 09:17 PM
DCSEG is looking forward to hosting this SEGAmerica Regional Event in Washington DC. We are setting up tour glides (different from what the three tour companies give to tourists - these will be tours from a locals view) on both Friday and Sunday - so if you miss one day - you can make up for it on the other day. Even some nite-life tours are in the works (but those will be off schedule) so get your dancing shoes ready!

Saturday will be the big day with speakers and demonstrations all set in one of Washington’s more historic hotels where indoor gliding is allowed - the fabulous interior will have all the photographers with their cameras out! And the view from the hotel will have everyone gasping! This famous Hotel has been voted number one for years on its location and view! And has been used in numerous movies, it is so close to the White House that you could (some will wave – some may spit!)

So get ready to come to DC in September we are working with a travel provider who is negotiating airfares for us now. And we are looking for interesting subject matter and speakers for the Saturday sessions.

Just make sure you have conditioned those batteries because SegwayfesT DC will be a GLIDE!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
DCSEG Member
Mid-Atlantic Regional Segway Enthusiast's Event this Fall in Washington DC - The Most Segway Friendly City in America!