PDA

View Full Version : SegwayFest 2005 - Sacramento (May 14, 2005)

Stan671
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
<center> SEG America's first SegwayFest is a GO! </center>
When: Saturday, May 14th, 2005. There will be some additional activities on Friday (5/13) and Sunday (5/15) for those arriving early or staying later.

Where: Sheraton Grand Sacramento, 1230 J Street, Sacramento, CA. 95814
We have set aside a limited block of rooms available for Friday (5/13) and/or Saturday (5/14) evening. Reservations must be made directly through Sheraton's Central Reservation Office at [size=3]1-800-325-3535 and mention the SEG America SegwayFest. The per night rates for a King Room or Double/Double Room are as follows:
Single = $119
Double = $119
Triple = $144
Quad = $169
We are working on developing the schedule of seminars and activities. We have not finalized the details of the registration costs and methods yet, but will do this very soon. We will keep you informed. Watch the SEG America Sacramento '05 web page for updates: http://www.segamerica.org/2005/03/10/seg-america-segwayfest-2005-sacramento-ca/
Stanley Dobrowski
President, SEG America
President@SEGamerica.org
www.SEGamerica.org

SegwayUtah
03-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Just a quick follow-up:

Hotels.com lists the Sheraton for these nights at a rate much higher than the negotiated $119/night price. And there are a very limited number of rooms available at this price, so you'll want to reserve one right away if you'd like to stay at the venue.

Also, if $119 (albeit a great deal) is a bit rich for your tastes, we will be announcing some Motel 6/Travelodge type locations soon as well.

Chris

slide4less
03-13-2005, 10:27 PM
we want to have a segway of oakland booth how much$$

slide4less

Stan671
03-15-2005, 12:30 AM
Steve, we'd love for you to have a both at the Sacramento SegwayFest. I don't think the exact details of the cost and logistics have been worked out yet. But, don't worry, you'll be able to have a booth. We'll be in contact shortly.

Stan Dobrowski

slide4less
03-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Is there going to a segway polo game at the fest?

slide4less

Stan671
03-23-2005, 05:01 PM
I believe that Alex Ko is working to secure permission to have a SegwayPolo game in a nearby park on Sunday.

Stan Dobrowski

Sleepy
03-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Yep, I'm working on it. Tentatively May 15 at 11am, pending the SegwayFest schedule. I don't want it to conflict with any other major activity, but I haven't seen an agenda yet.

-Alex

Stan671
03-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Alex, the Sacramento SegwayFest is an all day Saturday event with nothing serious planned for Sunday, except for some glide activities for those still around Sunday morning. So, you should be able to schedule your game whenever is best for you. 11am sounds fine.

I actually did not get a chance to see any of the SegwayPolo activities at the SegwayFest last October. I am hoping to get out to Sacramento in May.

Stan Dobrowski

slide4less
03-26-2005, 04:20 PM
In will get a bunch of key blanks and tabs next week and will make keys at segfest I think a full set 3 keys will go for $50 thats cheaper then segway sells for see you there
Steve Steinberg Segway of Oakland 510 832-2429

slide4less

X-man
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by SegwayUtah

Just a quick follow-up:

Hotels.com lists the Sheraton for these nights at a rate much higher than the negotiated $119/night price. And there are a very limited number of rooms available at this price, so you'll want to reserve one right away if you'd like to stay at the venue.

Also, if $119 (albeit a great deal) is a bit rich for your tastes, we will be announcing some Motel 6/Travelodge type locations soon as well.

Chris

Anyone interested in sharing a non-smoking, non-snoring room? I have a thing about paying through the nose for a place just to sleep and shower.
Are there any covered, mattressed park benches available - with an outlet to recharge? :)

For the naysayers:
Before you ask me to give up my lifestyle, show me that yours works.
"Polly Hammon"
Bob

X-man
04-04-2005, 06:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by slide4less

Is there going to a segway polo game at the fest?

slide4less

Will there ever be enough Segways in one spot for Segway Baseball? Many here are too young to have seen a Donkey Baseball game but they were a riot.

For the naysayers:
Before you ask me to give up my lifestyle, show me that yours works.
"Polly Hammon"
Bob

4Segway
04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
The Sheraton is really a nice hotel and we will be able to glide inside. The rate is great for that quality hotel. That said, if you want to check out some that may be less expensive please watch the area you will be in. We explored the Clarion for the fest and well, lets say I wouldn't let my dog stay there. The rooms may be under $100 but the area is also not so great at night. Remember this is downtown Sacramento and with any downtown areas there are some areas you will want to avoid gliding in alone at night.

The double rooms are big enough to share if anyone wants to risk a snoring partner.

The Hyatt is also nice and right next door if anyone has points or can get a special there - but likely you will find it higher than $119.

If anyone has a hotel that you would like us to check out for you, please let us know. We will be in the area on the 23rd of April to finalize the glides.

The schedule should be ready for "print" soon, and note, we will know soon about the optional Friday morning glide at the San Francisco Zoo. As my contact at the Zoo, that loved the Segway, has departed, if we work this option out it may be the last time for a long while for Segways in the Zoo.

We are really looking foward to seeing everyone and having time with the "locals" on the West Coast.

Laura

fredkap
04-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Our initial block of rooms is taken but Sheraton has expanded the block. Please book as soon as possible. If you are told that the block is taken, you can try their "internet only" rate which is currently $124 per night. If that doesn't work, please e-mail me and we will contact their group sales department.

Fred