PDA

View Full Version : Where is Dean's water plant??

Itsi Atkins
12-30-2004, 04:24 PM
When the world needs Dean Kamen's new invention, the water cleaner and electric generator, where is it.
This Tsunami event will be forever changing life in Asia and we hope that Dean could help with his invention.
any ideas:

pam
12-30-2004, 07:00 PM
He's been working on this for over 20 years. When it's ready, I'm sure he'll release it.
Pam

dekadent
01-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Itsi, the local TV station (wmur) asked Dean that very question a few days ago and it was clear from his reaction. He only has a handful of machines and insufficient cash to make many more, frustrations are fairly high.

Pam, not to be disagreeable but, it hasn't been 20 years only 4 1/2 maybe 5.

pam
01-05-2005, 11:12 PM
You're not being disagreeable at all. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. <G> I thought he'd been fascinated by and playing around with the idea of the sterling engine for 20 years. Maybe not actively MAKING it through DEKA for that long, but had been interested in it for a long time. It's been a while since that dinner at his house (December 2002), and I could easily have misremembered what I heard on the house tour, since I was sorta at the back of the group.
Pam

dekadent
01-06-2005, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by pam

I thought he'd been fascinated by and playing around with the idea of the sterling engine for 20 years. Maybe not actively MAKING it through DEKA for that long, but had been interested in it for a long time.
Ahh, the confusion is mine, the activity on the stirling started around '95-'96 but the water purifier is much younger.

pam
01-06-2005, 11:00 PM
And I had the sterling engine and the water purifier all tied together, somehow. (I know you can have them separate, but somehow I had them tied together as part of the vision Dean had.) Don't have enough engineering knowledge to know any of the how.
Pam