PDA

View Full Version : DC - Georgetown Group Glide

bpowers
12-29-2004, 04:58 PM
DC area Segway owners are planning a New Year's Day glide to the Capitol Segway store and around the Georgetown area.

Saturday's weather (1/1/05) threatens to bring unseasonably warm temperatures approaching 70 degrees.

We are open to any participant ideas, including lunch and recharge at Clyde's in the Georgetown Park Mall.

For anyone interested in joining us, we shall depart from the Foggy Bottom Metrorail Station at 10AM.

Stan671
12-30-2004, 07:24 PM
I just sent out 328 EMails to SEG America members in DC, MD, VA, DE and PA with this meeting announcement.

Stan Dobrowski

fredkap
01-01-2005, 04:05 PM
My brother just called, four of you spotted on the Key Bridge.

Fred

wwhopper
01-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Washington is a very small town, you can not do too much without someone noticing you, and then telling someone else. Yes we sure did do the Key Bridge - where several bikers made snide remarks - we visited the new Capital Segway Store in Georgetown Park - and then headed to Roosevelt Island.

It was GREAT to see foot traffic become glide traffic at the Segway Store. As we glided around Georgetown (up Wisconsin to 34th - down to M and Caddy's Alley)We stirred up some business for them too!

Thanks for sending the broadcast E-mail - it brought out a BRAND NEW glider (Scotty - owner of 2 days)whom it was fun to share some "Seg Tricks" with!

Will W Hopper,IFDA
Just recieved My SEG AMERICA Pin - and love it!
Taxation Without Representation here in:
Washington, DC, USA