PDA

View Full Version : Segway NY January Meeting 01/04/05@6pm

SegwayBill
12-28-2004, 06:53 PM
It is that time again for our monthly meeting.
To keep things fair the group has decided to always meet on the 4th of each month.
Tuesday January 4th at 6PM, we will be meeting at a new location.
At 23rd street and the Hudson river it is a floating dock called the Frying Pan, It is just north of basketball city and Chelsea piers.
Forecast is for rain and snow, what a suprise!
We will meet at the Frying pan then glide over to Chelsea piers, it is semi indoors and will allow us to glide dry.
Dinner will be at the restaurant called the Brewery at Chelsea piers. There is limited free parking please contact me for directions. The M23 bus has its last stop right at the piers.
Dress warm, gloves and hats are advised it will still be cold but dry.
The February meeting is on a Fiday the 4th @ 8pm I have already reserved us an indoor space, the same one we used last winter.

Bill

Itsi Atkins
12-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Who is going to make it?
I am in Florida and trying to get back in time.

Stan671
12-30-2004, 07:07 PM
I just sent out 329 EMail messages with the meeting announcement to SEG America mambers in NY, NJ & CT.

I will try really hard to attend the meeting, but I am not positive I can make it.

Stan Dobrowski

macgeek
12-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Funny thing, is I am also in florida (itsi are you stalking me?)
I will be at the meet

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

Itsi Atkins
12-31-2004, 08:40 PM
I am still in florida, Sarasota, and can not get back in time, sorry I will give everyone an update at the Feb. meeting.

macgeek
01-01-2005, 09:02 PM
wow a SegNY meet without itsi, Bill are you up to the task?

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

SegwayBill
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Jon
Looks like a big turn out, two so far. What a suprise the forecast is for rain.

Bill

Hauptagon
01-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I plan to be there.

-Justin

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." -From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Stan671
01-02-2005, 11:46 PM
I plan to be there also.

Stan Dobrowski

macgeek
01-03-2005, 08:46 AM
I still on planning on being there, even in the rain!
I have thermal bat skivvies to keep me warm.
But My prototype helmet cam is still not ready, I may bring it anyway to show off.

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com

Stan671
01-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Weather is looking good for Tuesday. Rain in the morning, but clearing by afternoon. Cool temps, though.

Stan Dobrowski

L.I. Glider
01-04-2005, 10:34 AM
We'll be there too

Regards,
Joanne

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Stan671
01-05-2005, 01:38 PM
We had 7 people attend with meeting with six Segway HTs. Stan, Joanne, Steve, Jonathan, Andrew, Justin and his father Craig. We ate at a restaurant called The Brewery. And we all talked about - guess what? - Segway stuff.

Afterwards, Justin and I rode a ways south on the west side bike path along the Hudson. We rode around the piers of Chelsea Piers and some of the parks along the way. We did some slolum courses around giant cleats for tying up the large boats. We bounced down a few sets of stairs.

About 1/2 way back, my batteries died. So, I showed Justin how to push another Segway rider in such a way that enables the Segway getting pushed to recharge his batteries. It worked rather well as Justin pushed me all the way back to the parking lot without needing any walking.

It was a great evening spending some time with other Segway enthusiasts and getting in a good nighttime glide along the Hudson River.

Stan Dobrowski

Hauptagon
01-05-2005, 03:01 PM
A group shot:

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/hauptagon/segny2a.jpg

From left: myself, Steve, Stan, my father, and Jonathan. Joanne was taking the picture and Andrew (dejaposter) had to leave early.

Yes, it was a great night... Stan, that was good fun!

-Justin

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." -From Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Stan671
01-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Here is my picture lightened up a bit:

http://www.sdobrowski.net/images/nyc_2004-01-05.jpg

BTW, are those rabbit ears on Steve's head?

Stan Dobrowski

dejaposter
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
It was great to meet you all last night. Sorry I had to leave early. I left the piers and headed to Times Square to meet my girlfriend at a company 'Christmas' party. Not problems gliding down 42nd street! See you next month. -A

macgeek
01-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Andrew, we want Pictures!!

:)

Jonathan

Segway - "Let's Roll"
Proud Segway NY member
www.segwaynyny.com