PDA

View Full Version : Segway hidden magic ?

zeppo123
09-18-2002, 11:09 AM
I was walking yesterday when a thought hit me. It is so obvious I wonder why we havn't mentioned it before. Throughout our lives every form of transportation from baby strollers, bicycle, car, zappy scooter etc. part of the vehicle is in front of you. With a bike or scooter as an example, you see the front wheel while driving. We have trained our brains our whole life to use this as a guide for direction of the vehicle and to sense your body's position on the vehicle. With the Segway you have nothing in front of you and unless you look straight down you see no vehicle. I think it is the combination of this and DS that gives the magic floating feeling.

4Seg
09-18-2002, 11:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by zeppo123

I was walking yesterday when a thought hit me. It is so obvious I wonder why we havn't mentioned it before. Throughout our lives every form of transportation from baby strollers, bicycle, car, zappy scooter etc. part of the vehicle is in front of you. With a bike or scooter as an example, you see the front wheel while driving. We have trained our brains our whole life to use this as a guide for direction of the vehicle and to sense your body's position on the vehicle. With the Segway you have nothing in front of you and unless you look straight down you see no vehicle. I think it is the combination of this and DS that gives the magic floating feeling.

Zep, You hit the nail RIGHT on the head. Brooster and CJ can back you up on that. IT is like flying. (on smooth surfaces anyway) I was also amazed that there isn't a "free wheeling" affect like you can get when you ride other vehicles. You are in control and that's what I like about IT. In my video, I ran directly up on the ropes and stopped on a dime by just simply leaning backwards.

If we could only be resellers...

See the Segway clips! http://www.stlsegway.com/movies